April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

13 Oct 2020 20:28 #31482 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
Speaking of KeBobs I just watched the first episode of V wars. It's a bit odd to see vampire Daemon being a non vampire all of a sudden. I like that they give a reasonable backstory for a contagion (really old stuff, frozen in glacial ice), but from there to people turning into vampires (seemingly with increasing speed) is, as usual, not very convincing. I mean, why bother with a medical/science explanation if you're gonna revert to the old magical transformation thing (big teeth etc) anyway.

Still, I'll probably keep watching. It wasn't bad, so far. But for now it's nightie-night. (I'm trying to teach myself to not sit up until 2 am watching Netflix!)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Oct 2020 13:21 #31487 by Charlotte
Hmm Vampire stops at diner called the Silver Bullet. Kinda funny (even if he's not a werewolf)

But I hate the "this might be the next step in human evolution" bullshit. Evolution happens all the time, gradually. It doesn't suddenly give a few people magic powers and woooo, we are a new species. (Hate that about X-men, too, actually, yes...)

14 Oct 2020 14:25 #31488 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Trailer Park
Yes, thankfully there are other actual real plausible scientific ways for people to get super powers, like getting bitten by radioactive spiders, or being bombarded by gamma radiation, or being given pieces of jewellery or clothing, or... :confident:

14 Oct 2020 14:48 #31489 by Charlotte
I know I know :giveup:

But when they ARE trying to make it sound scientific why not make it more so? Like, don't make the vampires change so much physically... Or (an entirely blasphemous idea) don't make them "vampires" at all. Or zombies. Just make them uncontrollably aggressive and you'll have enough problems for a movie. Or a series. :dry:

(Admittedly it might be less fun... :S)

14 Oct 2020 14:56 #31490 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Hey, don't forget the "quantum" somethings. Quantum somethings are responsible for so many ..erm.. things. :confident:

The silliest superhero guff I've ever put up with is the nonsense they come up with in The Flash. Just blame it on the "Speed Force" :dunno: and let let Barry solve it all by running very fast. :dry:

14 Oct 2020 14:59 #31491 by Charlotte
well... we could all accomplish a lot more with a lot more time.... :dry:

Star Trek science is rather wonky too, but at least they make it sound fairly plausible (as long as you don't really pay attention)

14 Oct 2020 15:00 #31492 by Banj
I recommend reading Richard Matheson's novel I am Legend (not to be confused with the Will Smith film using the same name that pretended to be an adaptation).

14 Oct 2020 15:05 #31493 by Banj

The silliest superhero guff I've ever put up with is the nonsense they come up with in The Flash. Just blame it on the "Speed Force" :dunno: and let let Barry solve it all by running very fast. :dry:

Well, obviously the Flash is nonsense, as we know travelling that fast will cause you to devolve you into a salamander. :confident:

Star Trek science is rather wonky too, but at least they make it sound fairly plausible (as long as you don't really pay attention)

Oh, crap! :facepalm: :dumb:

14 Oct 2020 15:23 #31494 by Charlotte
:dry: :blush: :dumb:

14 Oct 2020 15:54 #31495 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park

we know travelling that fast will cause you to devolve you into a salamander. :confident:

That episode does not exist.
We don't talk about it.
It never happened.
:stare: