April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Feb 24 - The Dragon - Final Entries

01 Feb 2024 13:19 - 01 Feb 2024 13:20 #49032 by Banj
The Dragon

Brief:
It's Chinese New Year this month, and it's the Year of the Dragon. Whatever that means it gives us challenge theme, so create something... Dragon 

Deadline: Midnight on Thursday the 29th of February. 

This thread is where you post your final entries,  WIPs (works in progress) should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...b-24-the-dragon-wips

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2024 22:46 - 27 Feb 2024 23:45 #49329 by Valence
I've got about 20 different versions of this, each with slightly different angles and poses and I can no longer tell which ones are better or worse so I think it's time to just let it go. :shrug:

WIP Collection.  

Same WIPs with extra complaining in the 3D thread.  

I'm still not sure if this is the best one or if there's a glaring error. If I spot something or change my mind I may do a pre-deadline switcheroo but really I'd just like to stop fiddling with it. :S

EDIT: With more fires now. :hmm:
Attachments:

01 Mar 2024 13:03 #49352 by Banj
It's voting time. cast your vote for one of the following entries:
  • Valence
  • Banj
Voting will end at midnight Friday 8th, a winner will then wait for someone to declare them the winner because we forgot about it.  ​​​​​​​

02 Mar 2024 15:42 #49398 by Valence
Banj vote incoming!!! :argh:

I like the design of your Dragon with its curious eye and flowing "moustache". Along with the hatching, new life concept it all seems to fit the Chinese New Year theme much better than my generic fantasy thing.
The speckled texture of the eggshells help them to stand out against their surroundings and the soft blurring of the tight depth of field provides an accurate sense of scale.

Nicely done and worthy of my vote. :aha:

03 Mar 2024 15:05 #49408 by Banj
Valence

Epic scene, multiple creatures and characters in an environment. It could be a still from an animated film. I'm not sure about the wings. The WIP was a different angle and they looked ok there, from this angle I'm not sure they have enough wing area for flying  It's a very minor quibble though because I was looking for something to comment on 

03 Mar 2024 15:27 #49409 by Charlotte
I had decided to vote for Val and then his feedback on Banj's image almost made me change my mind but now that there's feedback on Val's image too, I think I am back to voting for Val. I agree with the feedback and additionally I think I'd have liked to see some colour on Banj's dragon...

So, Valence.

:dumb:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Mar 2024 13:18 #49485 by Banj
I believe that makes Valence the winner this month. Congratulations again 

09 Mar 2024 15:23 #49486 by Charlotte
Congrats Valence! :)

And good job on remembering the end of the vote, Banj. *pats*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

09 Mar 2024 18:00 #49487 by Valence
:woohoo: :rock:

Thank you. :)