May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

CGAN Sept 23 - Out of the Blue - Finals

01 Sep 2023 07:46 - 01 Sep 2023 09:42 #46890 by Charlotte
Out of the Blue

Brief:
 Take the title and do with it what you will (hopefully paint something and post it in the challenge)

Deadline: Midnight on Saturday the 30th of September. 

This thread is where you post your Final entry. WIPs should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...t-23-out-of-the-blue 

Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules

Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- Each member may cast one vote.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Sep 2023 16:00 - 25 Sep 2023 16:01 #47226 by Banj
WIPs: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...-the-blue-wips#47225 

Final that sort of kind of fits the theme sort of:

Attachments:

29 Sep 2023 18:41 #47298 by Valence
Attachments:

01 Oct 2023 11:21 #47315 by Banj
Voting is open for this challenge until the end of the 8th of October. Someone will then forget to come and count up the votes and announce the winner. Please cat you vote for one of the two entries:
  • Valence
  • Banj

02 Oct 2023 11:01 #47323 by Banj
My vote goes to Valence.

The ship turned out well, the glowy bits are sufficiently glowy. I always like your Nebulae   

02 Oct 2023 13:59 #47324 by Valence
I vote Banj and I vote Banj because he's managed to do two things that I find very difficult. First of all he's accurately captured the pose of someone looming high above along with all the challenging foreshortening that comes with that kind of angle AND he's successfully rendered all the details and structure in a complex figure that's entirely lit from behind without it turning into a boring flat silhouette.
The lack of any literal blue doesn't bother me as the composition and pose has the urgency and surprise of something appearing out of the sky.
Also the fact that Banj gets actual commissions like a real artist should tip the vote further in his favour. :)

08 Oct 2023 08:47 #47375 by Charlotte
And I've forgotten to vote again.... I think I vote Banj this month, I really like how she's a silhouette against an almost blinding sky, but without losing all detail. I like Val's too, but I'm not sure if I misremember the first planet render... I think it looks a bit like the clouds are too fragmented and the dark spots below are the same scale and general "shape" so it's hard to tell if it's land or cloud shadows. But they seem too dark for shadows.

There. I voted before the.... 9th. :stare:

10 Oct 2023 11:06 #47428 by Banj

10 Oct 2023 11:13 #47430 by Charlotte
:dumb:

Yes, Congratulations to Banj who won last month's challenge Out of the Blue with his commission that I think was one of two, and it'd be nice if we got to see the second one as well, if your sis allows it :)

10 Oct 2023 11:31 #47435 by Banj
Thank you, and thanks for the comments and votes