April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

May 2019 - Egyptian Gods - Final entries

Poll: Who will win the mighty fight between Sobek and Anubis?

corner 1: Segujo & Sobek
4 66.7%
corner 2: Valence & Anubis
2 33.3%
Total number of voters: 6 ( oaktree, Banj, yatadragora, segujo, Valence ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll
01 Jun 2019 17:02 - 01 Jun 2019 17:15 #24951 by Valence
Wow, they both look great with the proper framing. Thanks for doing that! I'm not that familiar with those card games so I didn't really consider that kind of thing too much. I'm surprised it worked that well. :)

For my vote, it'll be plus one for segujo.
It's such a beautifully rendered picture with a clear concept that reads well at all scales. The anatomy is spot on and all the necessary Egyptian references fully explain the figure and its meaning.
But most of all I'm incredibly impressed by the three-dimensional nature of the character. I don't quite know how you did that but it looks like the figure could literally step out of the screen at me and there is so much visible distance between him and the background. It makes the image really satisfying to look at and is therefore worthy of my vote and many more.

Credit to all the "nearly finished" work too. Loved the dynamic action in Banj's figure and Charlotte's pic was wonderfully ambitious with the advancing, aggressive pose and the big cats too!

Edit: And I have only now just seen that last minute WIP from doopyo! What great expressive line work with lots of character and also humour too. It looks like something demanding to be animated. :) Lovely work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2019 18:24 #24952 by Charlotte

My vote goes to Valence

You might want to remember to actually click the poll option, too ;)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: segujo

03 Jun 2019 14:04 #24958 by Banj
Well I suck. I tried to get mine done on Friday but it looked like a steaming pile of camel hump, so I didn't bother posting it.

As for the entries that did make it, I think they both have things going for them. Valences is big and epic and even has the legendary man with stick in the bottom looking on in awe. Segujjo has a cool creature. Both appear to work as a card. In the end I have voted based on one thing... Valences arch nemesisisieses (Ramases?) hands. I feel the hand holding the staff in Segujo's is more natural looking, while valences hand is boxy and stiff (though segujo is obviously cheating with only 3 fingers :P ).

10 Jun 2019 10:35 #25037 by Banj
I suspect that June the 10th is after June the 8th, which would mean that this vote is over and needs to be buried. It also means that Segujo is this months winner, congratulations.

10 Jun 2019 11:21 #25042 by Charlotte
oops. June tenth is also only 9 days before my sister's birthday at which point I'll have to go visit and suddenly I feel stressed. Probably shouldn't have slept until noon :dry: (so much to do! but I did give the litter box a good scrub today, at least. OK, back on topic:)

Congrats Segujo!!! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Jun 2019 20:15 #25049 by segujo
Oh... thank you guys!! For votes and constructives. And thanks for the competition Valence! I still Think ur was much more of a God! :)