May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Kickstart for charity/Cat rescue/feedback needed

21 Jul 2014 02:50 - 21 Jul 2014 02:53 #3624 by rorke
So I just got a hold of the guy that made The Kitty Cat Dance song/meme to see if he would allow me to use his song in a kickstarter project. I've been snow balling ideas around to come up with some funds for the cat rescue I am working at. This week we rescued 6 pregnant mothers + 1 adult female + 3 kittens. So with the cats we already housed that totals 44 cats in all- at the rescue right now with litters on the way.

The shelter itself is facing great upheaval at the moment. We are in a legal battle with the owner that granted us the lease. Basically we are facing eviction in 3 months time, even though we have a contract to use the property for decades and have put tens of thousands into the barn that houses the cats. We have been fighting this for a year now. If you would like to hear the gory details here is a news report from last year when this all started happening.

Right now its mostly me, a skeleton crew of volunteers and Margarita Dominguez who started the rescue. She is this 60 something crazy-cat-lady who has a passion in her heart to see all of these animals saved, rehabilitated and placed in forever homes. More about what the shelter is providing here www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=522721544496085

Anyways- So I am on a mission to support her and my feline friends in their hour of need in any way that I can.

One idea is to get a giant cat costume on and do a community kitty cat dance video with as many people in the community who are in support of rescuing our feline friends and launch a kickstarter project with the dance video to draw people in. I'd make up merch and stickers for people to buy in support on top of the dance video that creates awareness for the cause.
I'd try to put cat ears on everyone and I would get more and more people from different businesses, local animal lovers alike together to dance different segments of the dance video- With me in the cat mascot costume in the middle of the crowd - with the end scene being a flash mob of kitty cat dancers...
I would like to combo the Kitty Cat Dance!
Kitty Cat Dance
With the Where the Hell is Matt? feel to the video
Where the Hell is Matt?
Not different countries but instead different locations on the island with different groups/organizations/people who are in support. So that the end result would not only be light hearted but epic and moving in a way.

Anyone interested in helping make this a reality? What do you think of this idea? I need to bounce this idea off some people and really get advice... this will be one of my first solo kickstarters and I just want to do this right.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2014 04:39 #4621 by rorke
UPDATE -- so I got permission to use the meme song. Thinking about getting a hold of Gear and seeing if he'll do a remix. Shopping around different mascot makers for quotes. I started in on the cat head of the costume - once I'm done I'll show you the WIPs. I be swarming the streets of Victoria in a giant kitty costume soon...yes I try to lead a colorful life. But hey its for a good cause and I honestly think its going to be a kickass experience if I can muster the funds and courage to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.