April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

02 Nov 2021 13:08 #37618 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random

it wants me to get ready for Windows 11. :argh: 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Nov 2021 13:54 #37653 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
Big Fat F. :(

When I was at a certified garage for Mini's in August they said I needed to replace the light holders above the licence plate soon, but they didn't have the spare parts in stock so they couldn't do it. So I've asked my local garage to fix it, and they say those spare parts are no longer available, anywhere. Yay.

Will I have to buy a new car because a LAMP on the trunk isn't working??? Well, hopefully I can find something second hand or something that can replace them even though it's for another make or model...

:cry:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

03 Nov 2021 14:09 #37656 by Banj

Will I have to buy a new car because a LAMP on the trunk isn't working??? 

No? 

03 Nov 2021 14:14 - 03 Nov 2021 14:17 #37657 by Charlotte
I hope not. The guy from the garage sounded like they couldn't be replaced.... But he wasn't certain, so I guess I'll have to hunt and ask around.

Edit: To be honest it seems to me that it should be quite easy to replace some small metal thing on the outside of a car. We apparently have a local mechanic who's good at "just fixing" things, so maybe I can ask him. Though I did try to contact him before and never heard back... 

03 Nov 2021 14:34 - 03 Nov 2021 14:38 #37658 by Banj
You can get replacement number plate lights for around £10 on ebay.

EDIT - And Amazon 

03 Nov 2021 14:38 #37659 by Charlotte
Including the thingies that attach them to the car? It's not just the lamps themselves. The holders are too old, and the glass thingies have fallen out... :dry: And it seems different things work for different cars... And I really don't know anything about cars.

One site I looked on - and I've already forgotten if it was the lamps alone or with holders - they had 3 items matching my search. The two first were like 5 SEK and 150 SEK respectively and for other brand cars and the last one I have no idea what it was because they had no image and the name wasn't very informative and it cost 7000 SEK. :dumb: And it was out of stock.

03 Nov 2021 14:40 #37660 by Charlotte
:stare: DEATH TO AMAZON :shakefist:

03 Nov 2021 14:45 #37661 by Banj

:stare: DEATH TO AMAZON :shakefist:

I agree, and to ebay as well for that matter. I would need to see photographic evidence to know what parts exactly we are talking about 

03 Nov 2021 14:52 #37662 by Charlotte
I was thinking I'd better take a pic so I can compare images. If/when I get around to it, I can post here too...

I don't seem to have much luck with electronic stuff lately. The kettle, the car... Now I decided to charge my hand held vacuum because I noticed the cable in the box of the vacuum the other day. Only now I find the cable seems to be for my computer monitor and I have no idea why it was in that box or where the cable to the vacuum is... :dumb:

03 Nov 2021 16:15 #37663 by Charlotte
I had to go grocery shopping so I tried to take a few photos before it got too dark... Was still a bit dark :P  So I had to aim in hopefully the right direction and use the flash and then see afterwards if I managed to capture anything... 

Left - glass gone, lamp gone, holders can't hold the lamp anymore
Right - glass gone, lamp still there, holders probably can't hold the lamp much longer... :dry: 

On a more positive note, maybe, I heard a herd of deer on my way home. Apparently it's "that time of year", because the males are making very loud burping noises and I heard one in the forest to my right and then another one (along with two females giving off teeny weeny little baa's) came running from a patch of trees in front of me. They all ran towards the first male and then I heard a loud noise that I almost thought was a gunshot first. Like, is someone hunting, now??? Then I realised it was the sound of the two males clashing.... Drama! :D

Attachments: