April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Totally Random

25 May 2020 16:29 #29239 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Totally Random
I thought I was referencing Christie, but I just realised it was one of my fav authors... :dumb:

(and that would be Dorothy L Sayers)

also from today:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

31 May 2020 11:24 - 31 May 2020 11:31 #29315 by Charlotte
I have a (once) very nice clay bird sculpture which G has smashed into the floor. Before the move I glued the tail back on... When we arrived here it had fallen off again, so I glued it back on again. But the other day when I bought a bunch of plants, I moved the birdie to my south facing windows... and ... do you know what happens to heated glue?

Warning: Spoiler!

EDIT: Here are more birdies by the same artist but I like mine the best... (and it's not pictured)
www.skulptor-martinhansson.se/stengods.htm

He lives here. I wonder if stoneware can be repaired in some other way...? (Preferably invisibly, I don't think Kintsikuroi would be the right thing here...)

06 Jun 2020 17:30 #29436 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Totally Random
They look cool. Seeing them reminded me of these and the way I once tried to do one of those owls on a little stone.
I've been trying for days to find the photo I took of it but it seems I deleted it, so feel free to imagine that it was REALLY good. :P

(Spoiler: It was mostly average.)

12 Jun 2020 11:50 #29519 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Totally Random
Ah Windows update, you little minx you. The way you make me have to reconfigure all my audio setup, and the way you sneakily force me to have to remove and reinstall my tablet driver several times to get it working with pressure sensitivity again after you work your crazy magic. :heart: :eyeroll:

12 Jun 2020 12:12 #29520 by Charlotte
So, I've had my car serviced 1 month ago, repaired last week and now checked/inspected this week and .... I have to repair something more. I hope it's not too expensive... This car is starting to be rather costly :P (Much like the apartment, as it turns out that pretty much everything inside - walls, floors and even ceilings - have to be redone after the previous "renovation"). But I do like the car nd living where I do, so I guess I'll just have to dish out... :dry:

oh and when the car was being checked I saw an elderly man walk by looking at it, eyes shining, and going "oh what a nice car!" and for once it was someone who wasn't actually addressing me, so he really must have thought so! :woohoo:

12 Jun 2020 12:40 #29521 by Banj
Is the same place doing all this work on the car?

12 Jun 2020 13:02 #29522 by Charlotte
'fraid so... :P But if I have to go back one more time after this, I should probably look for another auto repair. The inspection is done by inspectors of course so that's a different company. And I even chose a different city so they shouldn't be buddy buddy or anything...

As for the thing to repair it's got something to do with the steering wheel and I HAVE felt that it's not always responding like it should, so I probably should have asked them specifically to look at that at the repair shop. Even if I DID also ask them to "set the wheel straight" ('cause it wasn't... the steering wheel I mean)

12 Jun 2020 13:26 #29523 by Banj
Pfft, steering. Who even needs a reliable way to turn the vehicle anyway? :unsure: :eek:

12 Jun 2020 13:30 #29524 by Charlotte
Indeed! I've managed this far, haven't I? Though I guess it might explain why my tiny car seems to need such an awful lot of space for turning around.... :dry:

12 Jun 2020 13:57 #29525 by Banj
Maybe that's a different problem :whistle: =D