April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Jan 2017 - Star Wars Heroine WIPs

05 Jan 2017 11:49 #15028 by Charlotte
I take it you mean the realistic silicone ones? I think I agree, but I think I'd find them on the creepy side if they'd been realistically human too :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Jan 2017 13:48 #15030 by SchizophreniaWolf
kazky: Thx! :D And somebody painted some dead babies blue, what's creapy about that? :P :silly:

Update! New toys for my lady :whistle: chop chop!

Now you see 'the duality', that already exists as the purple lightsaber, but now it two wapons. When she kills a Sith she uses the red (pink) one, when she kills a Jedi she uses the blue one for the final blow. Kill them with there own color! Hatefull, sick, sick girl... :dry:

Attachments:

05 Jan 2017 20:49 #15031 by Valence
It's always depressing when Schizo's rejected idea is far better than the one I haven't started drawing yet. :)

I really want to see that Jedi Scythe in the next film! But now that you've changed it those fan sabres are pretty cool as well, especially from a story point of view.

Atto: It's good to see some sketches from you too. You do such wonderfully dynamic poses. I can't decide which of those I prefer but I'm sure both of them will work.

I had a look at those Avatar dolls. :unsure: I can't think of a better use for thousands of pounds than to get me some of those blue-todgered alien babies! Nothing wierd about that at all! :nope:
The only things creepier are the human babies they sell!
Also some websites claim that the company steals the designs from uncredited sculptors/artists. Tut-tut. (If true.)

06 Jan 2017 22:56 #15046 by SchizophreniaWolf
Valence: You flatter me, Valencia! :lol: Oh and nope, the scythe is back with a vengeance! You know, opened the document the day after and liked the first composition more, the wave of the scythe... and stuff and yeah.

The Dead Star in the back is still a stolen picture from the internet, quickly wanted to see my idea of using the satellite communication antenna as an aureola.

Attachments:

08 Jan 2017 00:36 - 08 Jan 2017 00:37 #15067 by Atto
More of a lighting (lightning) test than any real progress but reasonably happy where this is going. And no I haven't covered up her face because im scared to attack even though that is exactly what I appear to be doing. Was actually looking forward to painting those Sith eyes and some appropriately scary make up.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Attachments:

10 Jan 2017 21:16 - 10 Jan 2017 21:18 #15074 by Valence

<Cue John Williams fanfare.>

Episode X: Remnants Of Power.

Two decades after the crushing DEFEAT of the First Order and the brutal exposing of the FRAUDULENT IMPOSTER Snoke, a power vacuum still cloaks the galaxy with uncertainty, leaving the fractured Republic yearning for unity and leadership after the democratic failures of the impotent Senate.

Amidst the clamour for order, one claim of authority, from an adolescent boy of disputed royal heritage, stands above the rest: THE THIRD RISING. Heralded by the ambitious bureaucrat and potential Regent, Threy Wellande, and backed by the vast credits of the shipping magnate and now High General, Varren Tarr, the young Hestron, supposed descendant of the mythical lost Prince of Alderaan, waits on the threshold of a new Empire, whilst being secretly raised in the ways of the Dark Side by the shrouded Shadow Lord, Darth Koronus.

Meanwhile on Coruscant, Jheth Brendo, the orphaned daughter of the legendary rebel pilot Parkh Brendo, lives on the edge of society trying to make ends meet by using her skill as a light-fingered pickpocket and thief. Armed with a stolen Z7 shield-guard and a short blade lightsabre dagger left to her by the mother she never knew, Jheth senses a great opportunity to finally escape the criminal underworld after stealing a secure credit case from what appears to be a rich Sabacc player and gem dealer. When the opened case reveals not credits, but a common looking rock, Jheth again feels the disappointment that has stalked her short life, unaware that she has stumbled across the RINGSTONE: a rare Kyber crystal with a radial lattice coveted by Darth Koronus himself as key to his plan to create an artificial VERGENCE in the Force and resurrect an ANCIENT POWER from the recently discovered fossilized remains of the first of the WHILLS.
As both Jedi and Sith learn of the crystal's existence and location, several competing factions begin to close in on Jheth and force her to decide just which of her friends she can really trust.

Elsewhere in the galaxy, on a distant world beyond the great rift, a familiar face reaches out across time and hears the calling of an old forgotten life….

Yes after failing to do a concept art pose I thought I'd try and do a Drew Struzan film poster style. Unfortunately posters need more characters and characters need story so... :shrug:
So if you get a call from any copyright lawyers representing Harry Potter, Star Trek, Game Of Thrones or Lord Of The Rings then just tell them I'm not in. :brb: And delete that voicemail!

And memo to self: Must change the proportions of the girl. She currently looks a bit younger than I intended.
Attachments:

11 Jan 2017 13:03 #15084 by SchizophreniaWolf
wow Valence rolls in with a star wars monster truck of a presentation! Very nice!

11 Jan 2017 18:08 #15091 by Atto
Been a bit busy lately so my apologies I havent commented on anyone elses pieces.

Schizo - I'm so glad the scythe is back and that dark energy thats leaking from the blade looks awesome. I also like the way its seeming to infect the lower half of her arms and hands at the moment, almost like theres some symbiotic relationship going on. The background may just be holding space right now but I'm loving the red/black colour scheme that it suggests.

Val - Whoah man! Just that back story has got me intrigued. 5/6 characters is an amazing amount of work you've set yourself but i'm sure you're up to it. I didn't think there was much wrong with the proportions of the main character in the line drawing but I see what you mean with the coloured update. Of course I always loved Drews work (I love his personal stuff even more now he's retired) and I hope you get time to finish it all. One thing that I have always admired with his work is the addition of smaller characters that fill in the 'dead' space between the main protagonists - any chance you'll have the time/inclination to do something like that too?

Hopefully I'll have an update to mine soon.
Good work guys.

11 Jan 2017 22:32 #15096 by Valence
Schizo: "Presentation" is what you do when you don't have any good ideas. :lol: I'd swap it all for that super cool scythe! Glad it's back!

Atto: I like the idea of a bit of force lightning in your pic. And the thought of some creepy Sith eyes sounds even better!

I did think of adding a couple more faces higher up to complete the classic "face pyramid" but I want to get the main characters done first and then see how it progresses. I've also been googling refs for the circular crystal and found something called Wavellite which looks amazing. Don't know if I can paint that kind of detail though. :unsure:

12 Jan 2017 02:23 #15098 by Atto
OK so decided to go in a slightly different direction as I was struggling to find a decent ref for the lighting effect on the previous attempt.
so this is now Jedi Master Djeruina, a Jedi Shadow as defined in SWTOR. I really hope that we see some Jedi using a double bladed lightsabre in the new movies.

Attachments: