April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Forum subscription checkbox

06 Aug 2017 19:24 #17420 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Forum subscription checkbox

I'm also still receiving quite a few e-mails from previous post subscriptions, before going through my profile and making the default setting to 'not' subscribe. - The e-mails state you can un-subscribe by going to that thread and doing so either on top or bottom of the page. But under the action drop down, it only provides an option to subscribe, I did not see anywhere to unsubscribe. ... Might have to make another post in it, and maybe it will override it?

I did a check and you are only subscribed to 3 threads on the forum. That's why you aren't seeing any unsubscribe option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2017 19:28 #17422 by Charlotte
For the record I have no popups either so I'm guessing they're all kazky's, but I do percieve the site to be a bit slow loading at times. *:blink: back*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Aug 2017 19:34 #17424 by Banj
Are you guys experiencing slowdown on any specific pages or just everywhere in general?

06 Aug 2017 19:42 #17425 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Forum subscription checkbox
So it looks to be something to do with the site and Firefox’s Adblock? The pop ups don’t happen apart from on CGAN, and it’s every time I click on a post. Might have to try a different browser. Is anyone else using Firefox & Adblock?

06 Aug 2017 19:48 #17427 by Banj
I've tested with adblock plus.

06 Aug 2017 20:03 - 06 Aug 2017 20:06 #17428 by Charlotte

Are you guys experiencing slowdown on any specific pages or just everywhere in general?

:s I can't remember. I would have liked to say it's when I click "reply" but since that only opens up the reply box and doesn't reload the page, that's obviously not it. So it must have been something else. :dry:

EDIT: It might have been when going from "home" to "forums" or switching between "Index" and "recent topics". Not sure, it seems to be loading fairly quickly today...

06 Aug 2017 20:05 #17429 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Forum subscription checkbox
I’ve tried on Microsoft edge & no pop ups, so strange, my lag is every page, it’s not a huge lag but it’s definitely there

06 Aug 2017 20:21 - 06 Aug 2017 20:24 #17430 by Digital Dave
Mine's similar as yours Kaz. Seems to be the entire site for me. ... Whether I'm posting something or just moving around within the forums. And I've noticed the spinning icon on the page tab will sometimes still be spinning after I'm starting to look at that page, like it's still loading something?

For me, I'm using Firefox and I also have Adblock Plus. But I haven't seen any pop-ups.

Edit: Have to say I'm just getting back in the house from cutting grass for the past 3 to 4 hours, and it doesn't appear as slow, unless it's just my imagination?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Aug 2017 20:32 #17432 by Digital Dave

I'm also still receiving quite a few e-mails from previous post subscriptions, before going through my profile and making the default setting to 'not' subscribe. - The e-mails state you can un-subscribe by going to that thread and doing so either on top or bottom of the page. But under the action drop down, it only provides an option to subscribe, I did not see anywhere to unsubscribe. ... Might have to make another post in it, and maybe it will override it?

I did a check and you are only subscribed to 3 threads on the forum. That's why you aren't seeing any unsubscribe option.

I'm still subbed to 3? ... Is this something a user can check for themselves? Or would I need those super-powers of an ADMIN? :P If not, I will just wait for any e-mails to come in and backtrack from there.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

06 Aug 2017 20:40 #17433 by Charlotte
On my profile, if I go to the Forum tab, I see Posts, Favourites and Subscriptions. I *think* this goes for all users ;)

(But Banj, I also noticed that moderator options are white text on white bg... :dry:)