April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Forum subscription checkbox

05 Aug 2017 11:41 #17372 by Banj
There is now an option in your profile settings to automatically check or un-check the subscription box when posting. I have added info in the site FAQ, but a quick pointer...

Click your edit profile button (top right cog icon), navigate to the "Forum options" tab. at the bottom of this tab is a subscription option, just select no and save the settings. You will then be able to post without needing to click the check box each time (unless you want to subscribe that is). :thumbup:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Aug 2017 11:52 #17374 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 Aug 2017 12:28 - 05 Aug 2017 12:29 #17378 by Digital Dave
Ditto... :thumbup: this I mean. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

05 Aug 2017 18:54 #17392 by Digital Dave
Not sure if this is related to the new setup, but the site seems to be reacting quite slowly. Each time I click on something, it's taking a bit of time to load the page/s.

06 Aug 2017 14:33 #17408 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Forum subscription checkbox
i'm finding the same thing Dave, its not exactly slow, but slower, and every page/post I click on opens a pop up from my adblocker asking if I want to accept pop up, so maybe it's something to do with that?

06 Aug 2017 14:36 #17409 by kazky
actually the pop up is syndicationtwitter.com why would that be banj?

06 Aug 2017 14:42 - 06 Aug 2017 14:46 #17410 by Digital Dave
I haven't seen the pop up thingy myself, but it's definitely still lagging. I've checked other sites and they seem to be fine, so this is why I mentioned it.

I'm also still receiving quite a few e-mails from previous post subscriptions, before going through my profile and making the default setting to 'not' subscribe. - The e-mails state you can un-subscribe by going to that thread and doing so either on top or bottom of the page. But under the action drop down, it only provides an option to subscribe, I did not see anywhere to unsubscribe. ... Might have to make another post in it, and maybe it will override it?

06 Aug 2017 14:42 #17411 by kazky
Ok i’m not sure what happened here, I was on the pc and went to edit my post but then decided to reply to it and it’s split it into a new topic? Banj what have I done?!

06 Aug 2017 16:59 #17413 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

06 Aug 2017 19:17 #17418 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Forum subscription checkbox

Not sure if this is related to the new setup, but the site seems to be reacting quite slowly. Each time I click on something, it's taking a bit of time to load the page/s.

i'm finding the same thing Dave, its not exactly slow, but slower, and every page/post I click on opens a pop up from my adblocker asking if I want to accept pop up, so maybe it's something to do with that?

Sorry, not sure why you are both getting slower performance. The site should be significantly faster now. Everything opens instantly for me in multiple browsers and on both my computer and my tablet. Perhaps it's something particular to your browsers and an extensions you have installed :hmm:

actually the pop up is syndicationtwitter.com why would that be banj?

From a quick search that appears to be malware installed on your system. It shouldn't be coming from the site and I haven't seen any popups. I will check the the site to be sure but I think it is your end.

Ok i’m not sure what happened here, I was on the pc and went to edit my post but then decided to reply to it and it’s split it into a new topic? Banj what have I done?!

Ermahgerd! I don't know what you done did, but whatever it was I done undone it.

:blink:

:blink: