October Challenge: Horror rework
September entries: Legend
The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members
Important, change your password!
Go here for further information: https://cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/announcements/840-hacked
CGAN - Sept26 - Legend - Final Entries
Brief: This months challenge is in tribute to the Actor Tim Curry who passed away recently. Star of Legend, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, IT, and voice artist on numerous animated shows. Do something Tim Curry related.
Deadline: Midnight on Wednesday 30th of September. There will now be no voting and no eventual winner, this is just a creative exercise with a time limit.
This thread is where you post your final entries, WIPs (work in progress) should be posted over here: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...n-sept26-legend-wips
Challenge rules and guidelines:
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challenge-rules
Rules in brief:
- All challenge entries must be your own work.
- You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
- Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
- No chatter in the finals thread. If you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
- Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
- Deadline is given in UK time (midnight UTC) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
- No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Sculpty Body.
Goat Leg Pants?!
Red.
Handies.
Big Mistake.
Better Bones.
More Bones!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
I was going to do a final pass with some extra details and a colour balance but I need to look at something other than Tim Currys face - as wonderful as he was.
Hope I remember how to do the Wip thing!?!
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...-wips?start=20#58163
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...-wips?start=20#58162
And the final, sorry if its a bit big:
No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
My first idea was similar to Atto's - a movie poster with several of his characters and himself. But I quickly realised I'd never pull that off so instead I had another idea. Which I actually haven't pulled off either, and here are my simplistic little pics of his characters rather than of the man himself...
WIP posts
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...26-legend-wips#58138
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...-wips?start=10#58139
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...-wips?start=20#58166
cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/challenge...-wips?start=30#58178
And with some coloured linework and rearranging them relative to each other based on the (botched) sizes, the final:
(I removed the transparent background as that apparently scared Val...)
Edit:
An additional attempt was made:
Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Val. I did a bit of 3d modelling when I was working in an architectural office - never could quite get the hang of it but I know how much work must have gone into it.
What I really like though is the fact it doesnt look like a 3d render and stands as an image in it's own right. The after effects you added really sell the atmosphere.
Charlotte, the best stylisation always accentuates the simplest of the characters essence and all of yours are instantly recognisable as Tim Curry roles. It's additionally impressive that you've achieved that without using the exact copied features in each piece! I think I would have opted to copy the features exactly from one to another and just alter their 'clothes'.
I'm very glad I no longer have to vote, its a tough one to call.
No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Atto: So many portraits with so much work! The composition is really well done too, from the overall positioning of the heads, to the detail of the horn pushing through the lettering and then the clever interaction of the clown and the crown.
As for my own... I wish I understood what was happening with those pants.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Facebook Feed
Member Statistics
- Total Users: 228
- Latest User: DanielWilson
- Online Users: 1
- Users Today: 0
- Users this Week: 0
- Users this Month: 0
- Users this Year: 2
Members Online
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
By using this website you agree to the use of cookies and related data storage as detailed in our privacy policy. Learn more
Site design Mad Hamster Studios. All content is protected under © and the property of the various contributers and not to be reproduced without permission of the creator.



