April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Time What has it done to me.

01 Aug 2015 01:30 #11905 by Kodabble
OK submitted the my entry to the latest challenge. the countdown clock said I had over 5 hours (almost 6) to submit my entry. That didn't seem right so I switched it to GMT and it showed I had less then an hour. When I posted the entry it says I posted my WIP it indicated that I had submitted it at 00;04 Today and the Final was submitted at 00:22 Today indicating that it was into the next day and late. Questions: What time zone is this forum computer running in and can the countdown computer be fixed to actually run on GMT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Aug 2015 09:21 #11912 by Charlotte
I think Banj posted yesterday that the clock isn't set to GMT but is one hour off. Not sure why or in which direction though... And I'm not sure it can be fixed... I'll leave Banj to answer that bit...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Aug 2015 10:53 #11914 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Time What has it done to me.
The clock was accidentally set to end on the wrong day until some point a couple of days ago or so when it was noticed and fixed, apologies for any confusion that may have caused, although I don't think that explains the problems you were having because fixing the error actually gave you another day (as far as the clock is concerned at least).

The countdown clock should be using the time code set for the site, and the site is using UTC. For all intents and purposes UTC is the same as GMT (in other words the clock is already running on GMT essentially). Currently the UK is on BST which is an hour ahead and that is what I was referring to in the other thread with regard to the hour difference.

While the clock is technically accurate (as long as we don't screw up and set it to end on the wrong date as we did), it shouldn't be relied on to do the time keeping for you. It's there as a fun visual gimmick and a rough guide to let you know the deadline is creeping up.

Due to the confusion I don't see any reason not to accept your entry in the challenge (but Charlotte is actually pure evil :evil: so who knows).

01 Aug 2015 12:40 #11916 by Charlotte
*bops Banj over the head with an empty paper roll*

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.