April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

(SOLVED-ish)Bug for you banj :)

12 Jul 2014 19:49 #2362 by Stuart
Bug for you banj :) was created by Stuart
In case you don't notice in my WIP thread:

Found a bug, if you try to attach a file with the same name it reverts to the previous filename's image. So I posted Mermaid WIP, then tried to post an updated version with the same filename, however it showed the original image twice instead. Does that make sense?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Jul 2014 19:53 #2363 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Bug for you banj :)
Dom found this out several days ago... Guess you made a Dom ;)

Anyways, Banj is aware but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do except name your uploads different things.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

12 Jul 2014 20:11 #2365 by Stuart
Replied by Stuart on topic Bug for you banj :)
I'm not sure it's really a Dom, as I didn't know, but anyway:
Attachments:

12 Jul 2014 20:30 #2367 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Bug for you banj :)

Dom found this out several days ago... Guess you made a Dom ;)

I'm not sure if there's anything you can do except name your uploads different things.

That's what I do. *See latest challenge thread post!* :whistle:

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

13 Jul 2014 10:20 #2434 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Bug for you banj :)

I didn't know, but anyway

It's been mentioned in the site guide in the welcome area since it was noticed on the day the site opened :)

It's not really a bug, it's the way the forum stores attachments on the server. It's good practice to use unique naming for files anyway.

13 Jul 2014 16:53 #2524 by Stuart
Replied by Stuart on topic Bug for you banj :)

It's been mentioned in the site guide in the welcome area since it was noticed on the day the site opened :)

That's me told, guess I should have read the welcome area then. :p

23 Jul 2014 08:32 #3900 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Bug for you banj :)
I've looked into this further because it was irritating me and after a load of checking and testing I can find no problem with file attachments handling on the forum, in fact the forum does automatically rename attachments when someone attempts to upload a new one with the same name by appending the date and a further numerical iteration for each subsequent file.

I've tested numerous attachments with the same name using various browsers on 2 different operating systems and every one was posted and displayed correctly the way I would expect it to. I don't know what it is you managed to do (or the 2 other people that had the same problem), but I can't find any reason for it. I still recommend using unique file names for uploads but it shouldn't be necessary as the forum does correctly deal with this.

23 Jul 2014 11:18 #3919 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Bug for you banj :)
So, we can actually upload multiple images with the same title names, and it shouldn't change previous images then? Good to know, but I will still try to use a numerical system added to titles when posting though. Make ya wonder what caused this to happen for others then?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D