April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Tablet not detected

18 Mar 2016 15:16 #13564 by comitofobe
Hi guys!
I got myself a new laptop yesterday and im moving over all the stuff i need from the old one today.
I finished by downloading the free CS2 from adobe and it seems to be working just fine.
I was happy to start getting in to painting again but when i try to connect my Wacom Intous 3 tablet the laptop just wont react at all to it. No bleeping recognition sound, no error message or anything.
I tried dowloading and running the newest drivers and restarting but i did not do the trick. All USB ports work fine when i try running my mouse on either one of them and the tablet worked on my old Toshiba as late as yesterday.
My new laptop is a ASUS X555LA DM2043T with Windows 10.
Has anybody else had this problem? Does anybody have a possible fix?
Thankful for any help i can get.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Mar 2016 17:03 #13566 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Tablet not detected
I would first double check that you downloaded the correct driver for the tablet. I found it very easy to grab the wrong one last time I attempted to update. The wrong driver will install without trouble but wont actually do anything when you try using the tablet.

18 Mar 2016 17:18 - 18 Mar 2016 17:20 #13567 by Joe
Replied by Joe on topic Tablet not detected
I would agree with Banj. Try previous drivers too. Does the tablet power light come on? If you completely uninstall the driver, does the laptop detect it as a pointer (look in Device Manager)?

18 Mar 2016 21:33 #13571 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Tablet not detected
It does sound driver related.

But on another issue... does that free version of CS2 work with newer versions of Windows? I thought they still kept it available because it only worked on ancient machines.

19 Mar 2016 17:29 #13577 by comitofobe
Replied by comitofobe on topic Tablet not detected
Guys...
First of all: Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
Second: I DUN GOOFED!!
I am an idiot.
Yesterday when i posted this topic i was pretty tired and was not really thinking straight.
Turns out... My tablet does not run on the USB-cable connected to my EXTERNAL COOLING FAN!!
Problem f-ing solved...
Once again: Thank you very much and i am sorry for wasting your time!

On the topic of the free version of Photoshop CS2.
I downloaded it and installed it and ran it yesterday.
On my old computer i ran a old... "not-exactly-paid-for".. version of CS3 that i unfortunatly lost the discs for. But i took one of my PSD files i had been working on in there and opened it up in CS2 and i could see nothing wrong with it.
I have not really used the program yet, but so far so good.
If anything bad turns up i'll be sure to tell you.
Oh yeah! The download page asks what language you want in your version but i could not get it at all in swedish. It only let me download it under the "english" tab.

22 Mar 2016 01:26 - 22 Mar 2016 01:30 #13584 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Tablet not detected
:lol: No worries.
I've lost count of the number of times I've blindly reached into the murky darkness behind my dusty desktop and tried to jam a USB plug into a LAN port.