April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

New ImagineFX Challenge

20 Mar 2024 16:14 #49607 by Charlotte
Remember ImagineFX, or IFX magazine? The place almost all of us originally came from... Well, their forum anyway. Recently they announced on Insta that they were having their "very first" Community art challenge. Well, very first in about ten years, I guess? :hmm: Anyway, if anyone is interested in their art challenge, the theme is Mystical Meets Machines. It runs March 18th to April 9th. 

The rest of their contest info and terms: 
Unleash your imagination and create a piece of art based on the theme Mystical Meets Machines, where magic intertwines with machinery. Envision fantastical devices fuelled by enchantment or mechanical marvels touched by otherworldly powers. Your creation could depict characters or landscapes, and be made in digital or traditional art, in 2D or 3D (or a combination), and embrace any style you choose, so let your creative flow run wild!

How to enter: To submit your entry, simply hashtag your artwork with  #IFXMysticalMachines  on Facebook, Instagram, X/Twitter or Threads by April 9, 2024, by 11:59 pm (GMT + 0:00).

AI will not be allowed in our Art Challenge and should not be used at any stage of the artwork process. You will need to provide three process images so that when we contact those being featured in the magazine, we can verify that AI has not been used. Artists that have used AI will not be picked to be featured in the magazine.

A selection of artworks will be chosen from the entries to be featured in the magazine. But remember, there are no winners or losers in this Challenge – it’s all about participation and enjoying the creative journey.

You can read the terms and conditions via our bio link .

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Mar 2024 17:45 #49608 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic New ImagineFX Challenge
Well they didn't bother mentioning it in their most recent issue. :dry:
Unless I skimmed over it. :lol:

But I'll definitely be adding the hashtag to my Threads posts. :aha:

*goes away to look up what Threads is*

At least it's not TikTok. :shrug:

20 Mar 2024 17:58 #49609 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic New ImagineFX Challenge
Basically it's part of Instagram but you need a second app to actually read the posts. I think. At least if I visit insta I get ads for Threads all the time. And a read more button, but I can't actually read more. :shrug: :dumb:

20 Mar 2024 18:00 #49610 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic New ImagineFX Challenge

AI will not be allowed in our Art Challenge and should not be used at any stage of the artwork process. You will need to provide three process images so that when we contact those being featured in the magazine, we can verify that AI has not been used. Artists that have used AI will not be picked to be featured in the magazine.

I don't know why they think that will make any difference. There were people reverse engineering WIPs back in the forum challenges to make it look like they painted everything from scratch. You can still make rough versions of the same image with AI generators 

20 Mar 2024 18:11 #49611 by Charlotte
I guess if they suspect it's been used they won't publish those images. You usually can tell even when you can't prove it, so... :shrug:

Anyway, I think it's nice that they're trying to connect to their readers again even if it's a decade late. I look for the magazine in shops sometimes but haven't seen it here in Sweden in ages. Then again I STILL haven't read the last bunch of issues I hadn't read when I stopped my subscription years ago... :dumb:

20 Mar 2024 18:17 #49613 by Banj

Then again I STILL haven't read the last bunch of issues I hadn't read when I stopped my subscription years ago... :dumb:

20 Mar 2024 18:19 #49614 by Charlotte
Are you embarrassed on my behalf or are you saying I'm not alone? :paranoid:

20 Mar 2024 18:45 #49616 by Banj
I also haven't read all of the last few issues I had. I did make an attempt to read through some of them a while back, but I didn't get very far 

20 Mar 2024 18:46 #49617 by Charlotte
:aha:
Well, then I'm glad I'm not the only one.

20 Mar 2024 19:07 #49622 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic New ImagineFX Challenge
I still get them and flick through them. The current issue has one of the worst covers I've ever seen. :S
But at least it is a painting. There was one a few months back that was just a photo of an iPad. :shrug:

And it wasn't long ago that they were doing "tutorials" about how to include AI in your workflow.