April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

3DCoat Print Free sculpting tool

30 Jun 2022 19:53 #41221 by Banj
pilgway.com/product/3dcoatprint

3DCoatPrint 2022 Released !

• Completely free for any, including commercial, use if the 3D models you create are intended to be 3D-Printed or for the creation of rendered images. Other uses may only be for personal non-profit activity.
  • All 3DCoat sculpting tools and 3DCoat render inside
  • The only limitations are applied at the time of Export: the models are reduced to the maximum of 40K triangles and the mesh is smoothed specifically for 3D-printing.
  • Special Adaptation of the 3D model for Export 
  • Import and view DICOM files (not for medical use). You can change and save the models in .stl and .wrl formats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Jun 2022 20:42 #41222 by Valence
Not for medical use? :blink:

01 Jul 2022 06:39 #41223 by Charlotte
I guess you can't use it to print new organs, then... :hmm:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

01 Jul 2022 11:55 - 01 Jul 2022 11:56 #41225 by Valence
I'm sure the medical industry would love to see the grotesque, lumpy tumours that I sculpt. :lol:
"No, Doctor, it's supposed to be a dinosaur." :)

But I'm looking forward to messing around with this later today. :aha:

01 Jul 2022 19:16 #41249 by Valence
...hmmm, interesting.
I'm not quite used to the navigation of the interface (especially the middle mouse button stuff which doesn't translate to my pen/tablet actions) but the way some of those strand things work is good fun.
Shame there's no texturiing options (not that I could find anyway) but I guess you wouldn't expect that with something set up for printing models.
I was impressed with the performance though. It was still super fast even when the triangle count went up into the millions. Blender starts chugging long before that. :)

01 Jul 2022 19:34 #41251 by Banj
The full version of 3DCoat has a Zbrush navigation option which would remove the need for middle mouse button, but I couldn't find it when I looked around this Print version earlier. I have one of the buttons on my pen set to middle mouse anyway as I use that in Substance Painter.