April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Trailer Park

21 Apr 2020 19:13 #28733 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Trailer Park
Was that "Similitude"?
Enterprise was never my favourite Star Trek series but that was by far the best episode. Uneasy moral dilemmas are exactly what the show should be about and if they'd done more like that instead of just squeezing T'Pol into an ever tighter costume then the show probably wouldn't have been axed a year later. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2020 19:44 #28734 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Trailer Park
yup, that would be it.
I find it a bit amusing that T'Pol basically only had one costume in seasons 1 and 2 (with the occasional variant) but in season 3 she's changing costumes all the time. And she's using velour. :blink: (thus reinforcing my impression that Enterprise is from the 80-ies rather than this century)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

21 Apr 2020 19:54 #28735 by Valence
They end up putting her in one of those skimpy 1960s outfits in the final few episodes! :blink:

At least they stopped doing those gratuitous "decontamination" massage scenes. They were embarrassingly bad. :lol:

22 Apr 2020 10:17 #28736 by Charlotte
yeah well they switched to vulcan neuropressure, didn't they...

22 Apr 2020 13:00 #28737 by Charlotte
Apparently there were only 6 episodes in the Letter yo the King. (And judging by the name... I guess they could make a "Another letter for the King", but I suspect they won't)

22 Apr 2020 14:21 #28738 by Valence
I've seen that pop up on the recommended list but haven't been tempted yet. I'm almost at the end of season one of Altered Carbon and it's keeping me interested. There are quite a lot of ambitious themes once you get into it but the body swapping thing is still occasionally confusing. :dumb:

25 Apr 2020 22:53 - 26 Apr 2020 01:38 #28772 by Valence
I'm currently watching The Two Popes and it's already not what I thought it was gonna be. I'll stick with it until the end because... Anthony Hopkins. :shrug:
(EDIT: But it did eventually become the film I was expecting.)

I'm also tempted to do that binge of Devs now that all episodes are apparently available on the BBC. But NO! Be patient! :stare:

30 Apr 2020 11:41 #28827 by Valence
I'm now on to the second season of Altered Carbon and, three episodes in, I'm finding it to be much less interesting than the first. It doesn't help that there's been a complete change of cast. But taking into account the body-swapping nature of the story I probably should have expected it. :dry:

30 Apr 2020 22:47 #28833 by Charlotte
I've now finished Enterprise (where all but the two first episodes of season 4 seemed quite unnecessary and the first 2 would have ended season 3 perfectly) and begun watching the new legends of monkey. It seems like it will be amusing.

30 Apr 2020 23:18 #28834 by Valence
I imagine the finale made no sense at all if you haven't already seen TNG. :lol:

Why the hell is Riker there?? And why is he "old" but trying to look young? :shrug: