April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Illuxcon 2014

20 Aug 2014 15:30 #5426 by hansnomad
Illuxcon 2014 was created by hansnomad
I don't get out much, but once in a while, I do manage to go somewhere interesting.

I will be attending Illuxcon 2014 (www.illuxcon.com/) in Allentown, PA (USA) in September. The tickets were not cheap, but the exhibiting artists are some of my favorites and I couldn't pass it up (here is a link to some of the main show artists: (www.illuxcon.com/portfolio/main-show-artists/).

I'll probably post on here about my trip to the event and post some photos if I manage to take any good ones.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 Aug 2014 15:39 #5428 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Illuxcon 2014
Wow! Michael C. Hayes will be there!

Take plenty of pictures of that guy's work Hans! I love his stuff!

Wish I was in America for this. It looks awesome!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

21 Aug 2014 01:41 #5446 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Illuxcon 2014
Pretty cool, Hans. Hope you have a great time! ... Hope the drive isn't too far for ya. PA is just north of me, and it sounds like it should be lots of fun.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

21 Aug 2014 11:53 #5467 by AngieA
Replied by AngieA on topic Illuxcon 2014
I'm jealous. I have to get a new passport one of these days. Have a great time.

22 Sep 2014 00:21 - 22 Sep 2014 00:24 #6311 by hansnomad
Replied by hansnomad on topic Illuxcon 2014
Just got back from Illuxcon. I'm tired and totally blown away.

Just to give you an example of the access to artists, here is a photo of me (the handsome one with the beard--LOL) with Patrick J. Jones. He was featured in ImagineFX (issue 110) with the piece Conan the Conquered which was commissioned especially for Illuxcon by the organizer, Patrick Wilshire. Let me tell you, seeing the original oil piece in person (it's over 6 ft. tall framed) is staggering. I also took a workshop with Patrick where he screened the movie of the creation of the piece and then we got to ask all the questions we wanted--I think I learned more in those two hours than I have in a long time. I spent so much time with the guy he actually remembered my name.

More photos (I have a lot to sort through) coming and a condensed trip report. Best art expo I've ever attended.
Attachments:

22 Sep 2014 00:26 - 22 Sep 2014 00:34 #6312 by hansnomad
Replied by hansnomad on topic Illuxcon 2014
Okay--one more photo, this time with the master of fantasy himself (had a few long conversations with him over the course of the expo).
Attachments: