March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

CGAN Zodiac Challenge - Libra - Finals

21 Sep 2015 19:45 - 23 Oct 2015 08:17 #12384 by Charlotte
Libra (September 23 - October 22)

The zodiac challenge will aim to run for the entire zodiac year and work with the timescale of each zodiac sign. This is a 'just for fun' challenge, but you will have a lovely set of horoscope images if you choose to take part. Kazky will be the main moderator for these challenges so contact her if you have questions or issues.

We will be sticking to the western zodiac, apologies to other zodiacs :)
Research each sign and depict it however you interpret it.

Deadline: October 22nd
WIP thread: cgartnexus.com/index.php/forums/challeng...challenge-libra-wips

Rules in brief:
All challenge entries must be your own work.
You should post at least two WIP images that are clearly different from your final entry and each other.
Your final entry should contain your image (inserted so it shows up full size) and at least two links to your WIP posts on the forum.
No chatter in the finals thread – if you have questions, post them in the WIP thread or PM an admin.
Feedback is allowed & encouraged together with the voting and in the WIP thread.
Deadline is given in UK time (midnight GMT) with a grace period of 5 minutes for getting the post sorted.
Each member may cast one vote.
No cheating! Admins may decide to disqualify an entry that does not adhere to the above rules.

WINNER - Valence (see below)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Oct 2015 20:17 - 22 Oct 2015 15:07 #12664 by Valence
Right, I've had enough of this now. The last few hours have been filled with fiddly little things that have very little effect on the overall image. I think the foot, knee and edges have all improved a bit but some of the issues still remain. It'll have to do though as I'm getting sick of looking at it..

1: Is That A Proper Line Drawing?
2: Clumsy Colour And Grubby Skin.
3: Better Background But Too Much Bloom.

And the "finished" thing...

A big thank you to everyone for their feedback. It has made the picture much better than it would have otherwise been. In fact the good bits are down to you and all the errors are mine. :whistle: Isn't that always the way.

Good Luck to everyone ... or just me. I certainly need it! :)
Attachments:

23 Oct 2015 08:15 #12672 by Banj
Congratulations Valence, you have again beaten off some incredible competition and... oh, just you then. But a win is a win and you have win, er won. (we will have to make the forum wider to fit your little medal icons in :lol: )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

23 Oct 2015 19:51 #12680 by Valence
*default celebration to go with default win*

we will have to make the forum wider to fit your little medal icons in :lol:

No, you should start taking them away from me as punishment for not having anything better to do with my time. :lol:

23 Oct 2015 20:01 #12683 by Charlotte
Congrats Valence - maybe not so much on beating the competition, but for hanging in there and finishing and doing your best inspite of being the only one who had time this month.

It turned out beautifully. :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

24 Oct 2015 21:48 #12692 by Atto
Congrats Val,
Personally I think this one could have gone either way, but you managed to steal another win from the clutches of defeat!

Seriously though, lovely work.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.