April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN Dec 2016 - The Ice Warriors - WIPS

13 Dec 2016 14:20 #14920 by Valence
Dave: Those textures that you're putting into the clothing are very impressive. Looks like a lot of hard, patient work! I like the big bicep too. :)

Schizo: I like the way you keep changing the alternating lights and darks in your pic to separate the figures and create depth. Making that foreground head lighter really pushes it forward into our faces. It's really interesting watching it develop in this way.
And the little kissing face next to the heart is too good! :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Dec 2016 13:14 #14922 by SchizophreniaWolf
Valence: :P Thx!

update!
More canvas for a more panoramic view and started fooling around with color and texture...

Attachments:

16 Dec 2016 04:51 - 17 Dec 2016 03:06 #14932 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Valence.

Colors looking very nice. The blue and white works very well.

Done a little more, mostly skin work and still making some minor adjustments...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

21 Dec 2016 04:25 #14950 by phoenixdee
Wow looking great, im still playing around with ideas ,its a mess..lol
Attachments:

23 Dec 2016 15:22 #14957 by Valence
Good progress from everyone here.

Phoenixdee: I love the big bear. It gives the pic a lovely Narnia feel. I wish I'd had that idea. And if you're running tight on time you could always crop it down to focus on the characters.
Either option would look good!

24 Dec 2016 03:26 #14958 by phoenixdee
Thanks Valence :) I may just do tha

t , this next WIP
Attachments:

24 Dec 2016 16:00 #14966 by Digital Dave
Agree, love the bear. Always an Ice Warriors best friend! :) And they look very cool in armor.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

25 Dec 2016 04:47 #14975 by microscopi
Hey Dave awesome detail you have with both characters, the texture you used for the fur toga is really well done, and the skin textures (color and veins etc) are a nice touch for added realism. Your characters are improving, can see that through your posts, you have a great grasp of color and textures too The one main thing that stands out to me is her arm, it looks like her shoulder should be brought back a little as it looks a bit off. Overall it's a great peice to add to your portfolio! :woohoo:

phoenixdee, really digging the perspective and depth you have already, the way your eyes move from the bear to the cloaked figures and back to the cave in the background does a great job of leading your eyes around and into the painting, looking great! :woohoo:

Schizo awesome energy you have with your characters, lots of movement and detail, and I really dig the design, it really does fit your style perfectly, can't wait until it's all polished! :woohoo:

Oh and Merry Christmas again ! :P

27 Dec 2016 20:32 #14978 by SchizophreniaWolf
thx microscopi.

Update!

Attachments:

27 Dec 2016 23:57 #14982 by phoenixdee
Thanks guys and Merry Christmas :) SchizophreniaWolf, loving the textures and movement in your piece, thought I would focus on the characters like Valence suggested and if i have time to put it all together that would be great. also would love to do armour on the polar bear..3 more days..ekk!
Attachments: