- Posts: 1256
- Thank you received: 96
October Challenge: Horror rework
September entries: Legend
Important, change your password!
Go here for further information: https://cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/announcements/840-hacked
CGAN Feb 2015 - Letting off Steam - WIPS
Everything's on the right!!!
It's like driving abroad!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Dom: Actually the girl was an afterthought (I came close to cutting her out completely three days ago!) The robot, lamp, building and the perspective were all sketched first and then the rest of the time has been a case of me trying to shoehorn the girl into the viewpoint I'd already drawn. And I really do want to have a go at the foreshortened look. Extending the canvas into a more portrait format is something I was thinking about doing right at the end so perhaps trying that earlier may also help present some solutions to me. My list of thing to try gets ever longer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- SchizophreniaWolf
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 170
- Thank you received: 10
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Valence I have a couple of thoughts, sort of along the lines of Dom's suggestions but also judged on what you've said... that I might have misunderstood. But I think one issue of the girl and robot is that if you draw their complete figures I expect the robots legs to end at about knee height for her - as if it's either standing on a box or it has very very long legs.
The other thing is you said you wanted to see the horizon line between those long legs but you've implied that the eye level (=horizon line) is somewhere around the shoulder/eye level area of the girl, which means a lower horizon line doesn't make sense. But by "below eye level" I guess you might have meant "considerably below"... So it's just a couple of thoughts...
Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Digital Dave
-
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
- Posts: 2247
- Thank you received: 163
Unfortunately, after having had to work snow for most of the past 3 weeks, including working through the last couple weekends, it's doubtful I will have time to finish. (Also been a bit under the weather) ... Though I'm hoping to put some time in on it tonight, I don't see me getting it all finished up tonight? - They already have me scheduled to work tomorrow until sometime Friday, so that just might eat up any remaining free time I might have had?
I get sketchy around pencils! ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Everything's on the right!!!
It's like driving abroad!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Dave: Let me echo Dom's "Aaaw". I do hope you get chance to finish. The bull was (and is) one of my favourites.
Charlotte: Long legs? Yep, guilty as charged. If the robot was a piece of software I'd say, "It's a feature not a bug." I wanted the long fat "shin" to make it look stable (compensating the silly hip joint) and to emphasize the foreshortening.
And eye-level? It's waaay below the shoulder. Everything Dom said was right (and here's what I was trying to explain) if the eye-level is at the shoulder. However I'm committed (for reasons that may become clearer) to a much lower horizon (one that isn't actually on the last canvas!) That's why I stressed that the major error is the girl because her body and pose implies a higher eye-level. Today I've been redrawing that body as well as experimenting with extending the canvas at both top and bottom and as both you and Dom suggested, tracing the legs down and finding the ground plane really helped. And Dom: even though I'm doing it in a different way, the discussions helped clarify things and it is starting to work better and the viewpoint now seems less ambiguous. Many Thanks.
I won't post it cos it's still in a bit of a transition state but I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable with it now. If only there were more days in February!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- microscopi
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
- Posts: 743
- Thank you received: 79
Some awesome updates,schizo, really cool progress digging the colors, Kod cool idea, really great line work and detail, hope you have time to finish. Oak, that is looking awesome, love the colors and the forground airship. Valence looking great as always, will be awesome when done. This is going to be my last update before final, i'm not sure how to go about painting a convincing face for a machine, but i'm happier with the way it looks now, I still need to clean up a lot of detail, but I want to add so much, it will take a bit of time.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Keep it just the way it is!
Everything's on the right!!!
It's like driving abroad!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Facebook Feed
Member Statistics
- Total Users: 228
- Latest User: DanielWilson
- Online Users: 3
- Users Today: 0
- Users this Week: 0
- Users this Month: 0
- Users this Year: 2
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
By using this website you agree to the use of cookies and related data storage as detailed in our privacy policy. Learn more
Site design Mad Hamster Studios. All content is protected under © and the property of the various contributers and not to be reproduced without permission of the creator.
Stoopid Blender!



