- Posts: 12118
- Thank you received: 519
October Challenge: Horror rework
September entries: Legend
The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members
Shoutbox History
Oops and as soon as I said that about flowtatoes I forgot them again... Dang, I guess I won't get any of those today.
10 minutes ago
Oh dear I forgot about the flowtato already. Been trying to get whispering widows and there's alike a whole posse running/riding around here - they stress me out.
21 minutes ago
Important, change your password!
Go here for further information: https://cgartnexus.com/index.php/forum/announcements/840-hacked
Crankshaft's Sketchbook
17 Sep 2026 14:20 #58147
by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
That's a crazy amount of detail! 
I congratulate you on your immense amount of patience.
I congratulate you on your immense amount of patience.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- crankshaft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1568
- Thank you received: 55
24 Sep 2026 13:46 #58170
by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
24 Sep 2026 16:08 #58171
by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
I can see how people would read it as a ship, mainly due to the overall shape at the largest scale. The swept-back "wings" give it a pointy feel that may seem reminiscent of those big star destroyers from Star Wars.
If you wanted to move away from that and emphasize it as a building then you could try to break that sleek outline/silhouette and maybe have a large tower at the left end or perhaps break the symmetry across that diagonal line.
If you wanted to move away from that and emphasize it as a building then you could try to break that sleek outline/silhouette and maybe have a large tower at the left end or perhaps break the symmetry across that diagonal line.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- crankshaft
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Platinum Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1568
- Thank you received: 55
01 Oct 2026 14:10 - 01 Oct 2026 14:12 #58199
by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Crankshaft's Sketchbook
Thanks Val, I applied some advice do these read as starports/as a building part part of an environment? The goal was to focus on the building but make it clearer it is part of something bigger. I'm going to include color thumbnails to help reinforce the starport environment do they help make it clearer now? I'm trying to include this piece in my portfolio.
Last edit: 01 Oct 2026 14:12 by crankshaft.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Facebook Feed
Member Statistics
- Total Users: 228
- Latest User: DanielWilson
- Online Users: 2
- Users Today: 0
- Users this Week: 0
- Users this Month: 0
- Users this Year: 2
NOTE! This site uses cookies and similar technologies.
By using this website you agree to the use of cookies and related data storage as detailed in our privacy policy. Learn more
I understand
Site design Mad Hamster Studios. All content is protected under © and the property of the various contributers and not to be reproduced without permission of the creator.
Witcher 3 remaster update
