April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN August 2014 Challenge - Ode to Banj - WIPs

21 Aug 2014 11:39 #5462 by AngieA
I like the second brick pattern best too Digital Dave. The scale is better and the randomness feels more castle like. :thumbup:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Aug 2014 11:49 - 21 Aug 2014 11:50 #5465 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Angie. I'm hoping it looks better if I can get it done. :)

Like the layout on yours too, and I like the POV your using too. I know you're still working on it, but presently the doors look more like walls of a corridor right now and makes it appear as if he's coming down a hall. But I think once you add some hardware, handles, locks, etc. they will look more like doors again, and maybe adding some lighting under them will also help, showing they are not connected to the floor. Either that, or you could simply zoom out just a little so you could show the hinges? Just a thought. Look forward to seeing the finished piece. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
The following user(s) said Thank You: AngieA

21 Aug 2014 12:04 #5468 by AngieA
Thanks Dave, good ideas.
I plan to make the doors look like they are made from wooden planks which hopefully will stop them looking so much like walls and the two halves of the wheel will be the handles that will stand away from the door a little. I hadn't thought of adding a keyhole or lock but that would help a lot to add to the 'doorishness' and so would the light coming from under the doors that you suggested. I'll also see if I can work out a way to show the hinges without having to pull the view out too much.

21 Aug 2014 21:59 #5483 by microscopi
Like the look of the second wall too Dave, I changed Banj to be more hamster like, I hope he looks more like a hamster now.

Attachments:

22 Aug 2014 08:13 #5500 by SchizophreniaWolf
microscopi: Yes, yes, like the face of the queen-cat, very mysterious, and the green gems are also a genius idea, they look like cats eyes (devine eyes that help her watch over her territory ;) )

23 Aug 2014 00:35 - 23 Aug 2014 00:37 #5525 by Digital Dave
Really like the face expression on the cat too. :)

Well, I've been hobbling around on a bum knee all day, which has only got worse as the day went on. Not sure what I did to it, might be all the time I've been spending on a latter the past couple days? But I decided to take a break tonight and try to get the wall started. Spend 30 minutes just drawing in lines. Also started it out a castle grey instead of brown.

Attachments:

23 Aug 2014 13:55 #5533 by AngieA
looking good. I really like the floor.

23 Aug 2014 13:58 #5534 by AngieA
Next wip. I need to think of stuff to populate the room with, it looks bare. Having to learn stuff like the pen tool as I go is taking ages, I miss my Ipad apps.

Attachments:

23 Aug 2014 14:00 #5535 by AngieA
Microscopi that armour is great and your Cat looks so regal. I like the style.

23 Aug 2014 14:48 #5538 by Digital Dave
That's looking great, Angie. Maybe add some brighter light coming through the window, since he's already got the back lighting from it. ... Also, you might want to check the carpets angle. Doesn't appear to be in alignment with the rest at the moment. Not sure exactly where, but quickly through in a line I believe it should be close to. (Hope you don't mind) Just easier to draw it in, then try to describe it's placement. :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: AngieA