May challenge - Alien excavation

Deadline for entry:

April challenge Voting open!

Offers-Deals-Discounts

26 Mar 2024 15:02 #49715 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Mar 2024 16:28 #49716 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
See?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 Mar 2024 18:13 #49717 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
:ohmy: 

But after closer inspection it was an error on my part. There is indeed a separate bone to control the jaw, it was just pointing in a different direction so I didn't notice it. :oops:

:cheer:
Attachments:

26 Mar 2024 18:14 #49718 by Charlotte
You.... didn't even open the jaw... :facepalm:

26 Mar 2024 19:33 #49720 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Offers-Deals-Discounts
There was a bone that "looked" like the jaw bone and it's where I always put the jaw when building an armature but it was apparently a "face" bone even though it didn't move the face and instead moved the jaw, eyeballs and teeth. :dunno:
The actual jaw bone was much smaller and pointed downwards for some reason. :shrug:

26 Mar 2024 20:03 #49722 by Banj
Paintstorm Studio bundle on humble right now with some extra brushes and stuff: www.humblebundle.com/software/avantgarde...aint-studio-software?

03 May 2024 12:13 #50124 by Banj
Another Corel bundle on humble: www.humblebundle.com/software/corel-prod...-essentials-software? This time CorelDraw Essentials 2021, Painter Essentials 8, Pinnacle Studio 25 Ultimate, and a bunch of Painter Brush packs (many of these brushes have been in previous bundles).

07 May 2024 16:26 #50152 by Banj
E-on software Vue, plant factory, and plant catalog are now free forever as they have ceased development.

e-on software products have served the media and entertainment industry for over 27 years. Following its acquisition by Bentley Systems in 2015, e-on software’s technologies have been integrated into various Bentley products and have been used by valued customers and partners world-wide.

For over 39 years, Bentley’s focus has been to serve engineers and other professionals responsible for designing, constructing, and operating sustainable infrastructure. To keep our focus, we have decided to end sales for VUE, PlantFactory, and PlantCatalog. These products will not be further developed, and support will be limited to critical security patches.

However, we are offering free downloads and usage of VUE, PlantFactory, and PlantCatalog as perpetual versions to anyone interested in continuing to utilize these products and technologies! Simply download the product and acknowledge the new end-user-license-agreement (EULA) agreeing to using the software without support.

Click the Download button below to gain access to these products or see the FAQ for more details. Thank you for your support and understanding.

www.bentley.com/software/e-on-software-free-downloads/

I will add these to the free software list in the resources section.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valence

07 May 2024 16:59 #50153 by Charlotte
OK stupid questions but I see next to no info on what the programs are actually FOR (on their site - I mean they mention models and textures and renderings so I'm figuring 3D and well with plant in the name I guess those two are focussed on plant models but ... I still feel like I have no clear idea what they're for... :dumb:

07 May 2024 17:25 - 07 May 2024 17:31 #50154 by Banj
Vue is a 3D landscape creation program, plant factory I think is a 3D plant generator, and the plant catalog is a library of plants. 

Vue:

Plant factory:

EDIT - some of these images are from much older versions. I'd go to Youtube and look up some recent tutorial videos.
Attachments: