April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

29 Jul 2014 20:50 #4533 by ClaudeCrow
Been a while since I've updated this. Looks like a lot of people are getting pretty close to finishing now.

I've done a fair amount of work on the background as well as bits and bobs everywhere else. It's not got much left to do now but there are a few areas I'm not so happy with still.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 Jul 2014 22:40 #4537 by Domtopia

Hey, who said you could come to Maryland, Dom? :P ... At least I'm guessing it's the same Maryland. :) Have a nice trip though.

I'll give you wave if I see you!! :woohoo:

Claude, this is looking lovely. The armour is tight and the format works well. Nice work so far!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

30 Jul 2014 05:31 - 30 Jul 2014 05:32 #4548 by microscopi
Looking great guys, look forward to seeing everyone's finished, thanks for all the feedback on mine!

Cherry that is looking really great, lots of detail, colors work well!
Oak awesome improvement in the background, that is looking really more interesing now!
Claude, that is looking pretty amazing, glad to see you are back!

30 Jul 2014 06:23 #4549 by Kodabble
CherryGraphics: Looking good. Like the colors. One thing to watch is her legs. Foot calf are too small and I would think you should be able to see her other foot.
Oaktree: Looks like the bubble worked out really well, although I was partial to the popping bubble. Only crit would be the fairies wings which look a little awkward.
Claude: Looks like you’re almost done and it looks great. One thing is what is the second back figure on the right?
microscopi: This is looking grea
Dom: Sorry you aren’t going to be around to finish. Hope you have a good trip.

With that said; here is my latest

Attachments:

30 Jul 2014 10:23 - 30 Jul 2014 10:26 #4560 by oaktree
ClaudeCrow I really like how you set up n the mix of Sci-Fi and Fantasy great work.
Kodabble Epic it reminds me of a film title

Thank you all for the comments hints and tips I will try to act upon all of them. With the fairy wings I had tried for a blurry movement effect and it just does not work a rethink is needed.

Big thanks to CherryG for taking the time for the environment sketch great stuff. My initial thoughts where that a background like that would be too distracting and would prove detrimental however I am wrong. By dropping in your quick background a notable change was evident and then by trying various types of star field as backdrops with some of them I was able to see a remarkable effect for improvement. Having seen the effect that a good backdrop can have all I need is the ability to paint one and it is that bit and the artists eye which sadly are lacking however if time and work allow I will give it a go.

30 Jul 2014 11:36 #4566 by CherryGraphics
nice to know you liked it and it gave the picture a better feeling. :) there's not much "ability to paint one" needed just let the colors and your pen flow. it's easy :) try it!

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

30 Jul 2014 23:12 - 31 Jul 2014 11:32 #4592 by oaktree
So I have been playing with stars ans light and dark areas this is what happened tonight. Still not fixed the wings.

I removed the painting

30 Jul 2014 23:47 #4593 by kazky
You're going to Maryland Dom? That's w strange place for us uk'ers to go? Work or play?

31 Jul 2014 13:15 #4600 by Banj
He's run out of cookies and the craving is too much to resist.

31 Jul 2014 13:20 #4602 by Digital Dave
What! Maryland has cookies? And here I never knew! :lol:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D