April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

28 Jul 2014 10:38 #4353 by kazky
Just looked through this thread, fantastic work from everyone! I don't know which I like best!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2014 19:05 #4445 by CherryGraphics
Thanks oak and micro :) I'm on my way, I think I'll get it finished. YAY! :D

Oak I think a bit more working on your blue background / universe could be nice to give more depth. you know, a bit more colors maybe. some purple or pink and pale blue e.g. :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

28 Jul 2014 23:10 #4475 by oaktree
Cherry G looking good. Thanks for the input I shall see if I can do something.

A quick update from me made changes to the fairy with the light, I am happier with the pose now but am still struggling with the face.
Added another Imp who seems to have archived making another bubble by copying the wizard but his expression I hope is of surprise as it is the wizard having a laugh.
Attachments:

29 Jul 2014 04:40 - 29 Jul 2014 04:55 #4492 by microscopi
Awesome Cherry can't wait to see it finished ! Oak that is looking really great, you should add more tones to the background and make some areas darker to make it stand out more

I think i'm almost done just have to clean up both the structure and the castle, I made the text bolder and got rid of the drop shadow. The files always get smaller after uploading, not sure if i'm doing something wrong but have a larger version with more detail.

Attachments:

29 Jul 2014 05:32 #4494 by CherryGraphics
Had a run yesterday .... so I was awake until midnight but I think I'm done. ^^

Maybe I have the time to add something more but at the end... this is it. :D

micro I love this scene! This would be a really nice banner :)
oak I think the face of the fairy is that small so we wont see any more details... don't struggle to much! :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

29 Jul 2014 08:33 #4496 by oaktree
CherryG and Micro is this the kind of thing you both suggest
Attachments:

29 Jul 2014 08:57 #4497 by CherryGraphics
yes, kind of. :) the dark places on the right side are a bit irritating.

Look at this e.g. :)

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

29 Jul 2014 09:55 #4499 by CherryGraphics
I thought it would be easier to see it painted what I meant so I draw a really really quick universe. Maybe it is a bit helpful. :)

After that I just played with contrast settings

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

29 Jul 2014 13:05 - 29 Jul 2014 13:07 #4519 by Domtopia
Aww... I'm not going to get mine finished. I am off to Maryland tomorrow (from England, to give you a sense of context!), so I will pretty busy with that! Looking forward to it though!

Cherry: I am very impressed with this. It's coming along wonderfully and it looks good and solid. The shocked face is awesome! A great entry!

Oak: I am really enjoying watching this progress. His face is great and the little touches like the insects and fairies are great too. Keep it up.

I think the background could do with being a bit darker though, so that the light forms a dramatic backdrop and the foreground is given a stronger contrast.

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

29 Jul 2014 18:05 #4528 by Digital Dave
Hey, who said you could come to Maryland, Dom? :P ... At least I'm guessing it's the same Maryland. :) Have a nice trip though.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D