April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CGAN July 2014 Challenge - The Big Ad Job - WIPs

23 Jul 2014 17:03 #3954 by oaktree
Digital Dave thanks for the comment I think an idea has just popped into my mind many thanks. It should work better popping it from one end i will give it a go.
Microscopi Thanks you also for the commets. As it stands I prefer the bubble not popped but thinking on how Digital Dave's suggestion could work has given me an idea i'll see how it works out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jul 2014 00:47 - 24 Jul 2014 00:50 #4002 by microscopi
Trying to add as much sharpness as I can, I think i'm going to add a couple more things to the sky in the background and finish more detail then almost done !

Attachments:

24 Jul 2014 01:15 #4005 by Digital Dave
Looking good, Micro. But I'm not really liking the shadow drop on the wording. Might just be me? But it seems to give it a blurry feel to it. Maybe try making it bold instead? But again, just my opinion. Others might say different?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

24 Jul 2014 02:44 #4008 by Kodabble
Oaktree: Great job with the bubble, both versions. Looking forward to seeing the bubble bursting in the middle version to see which is best.
micrcoscopi: really like the colors. Didn't notice the shadows on the letters until Digital Dave mentioned it, but I agree they are don't really work. Of course the image is so small it hardly shows. I wish the image were larger, especially if you are going to add more detail. Good job.

24 Jul 2014 02:52 #4009 by microscopi
Thanks guys, I was thinking the same thing but now I know it wasn't just me. I think I might put a black background around the letter so to make them stand out without the drop shadow. Kod the image is larger then what it shows in my post, not sure if it will show full screen when you expand it.

24 Jul 2014 11:17 #4046 by Digital Dave
No, it doesn't. Even when clicked, it's still quite small. And it can be aggravating. - I usually have to zoom in using the screen zoom on my iMac. It's quick and easy, but it would be nice to be able to get the image to show larger, so one could enjoy the details.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

24 Jul 2014 19:49 - 24 Jul 2014 19:50 #4102 by CherryGraphics
zzzzZzzZzzzz.... hey guys. I'm here... I'm awake.. reallly.... :whistle:

All entries are looking really special and unique - I love this challenge even when I'm not that present as I want to be... :huh:

oak, it's good to see your paintings are getting better and better every time :) I love the bubbles, but i also think the whole one is better than the little ones arounds... ^^

micro - this is freaking awesome all these details!

I really hope i can finish my picture until next thursday... :/ *sigh

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: microscopi

26 Jul 2014 18:13 #4265 by microscopi
Thanks Cherry! I am really digging your idea and how it's coming along, I hope you manage to finish! I didn't see the hand at first on the left drawing the image, but its a cool idea :cheer:

28 Jul 2014 01:13 #4341 by SeamanArts-Artwork
Wow! Some fabulous WIP's going on in here. If I have time I may join in :woohoo:

28 Jul 2014 08:11 #4351 by oaktree
SeamanArts-Artwork Welcome and jump in as soon as you can

CherryG I like what you have so far, you need to get a move on though cannot wait to see how it turns out.

I was away for the weekend hardly got anything done defiantly not as much as I wanted.
Put the nexus bubble back which still needs some definition. If there is time popping it to the one side is possibly still on the cards.
I've added an imp who could be up to mischief with a thorn or he could be adding his own little bit of magic with a paint brush.
Did some work on the fairy collecting starlight and I do not like it now think a change is overdue.
Attachments: