April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

I finished the other one , Im not sure about the glasses tho

04 Mar 2022 14:10 - 04 Mar 2022 17:53 #39909 by Pitiful

My life is a Puzzle, One day the pieces will make sense and fall into place.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

04 Mar 2022 15:34 #39910 by Valence
You definitely need harder edges for glasses. :confident:
With all other things you can probably get away with some softness but not those. Also adding some subtle shadows of the frames onto the face helps them to "sit" better and I often like to put a bit of saturated light being focused through the lenses.

04 Mar 2022 15:52 #39911 by Pitiful
Be more specific , what about saturated light . What makes the lens look real , how do I add saturated Light?

My life is a Puzzle, One day the pieces will make sense and fall into place.

04 Mar 2022 17:57 - 04 Mar 2022 17:58 #39914 by Valence
Here's an old and rather sketchy pic I once did which hopefully illustrates what I mean even though it's a bit lacking in detail and obviously a different style to what you're trying to achieve...

The lenses will usually have a saturated reflection at the top which is often a cooler colour, in this case I used green but blue reflections are a little more common. And underneath the frames at the bottom you see the darker shadow curving away with the form of the face and just above this shadow you see some contrasting light which gets focused onto the skin through the lens and in this case I used a saturated orange.
Intense light usually comes with this kind of saturated fringe and using it in this way can give that sense of glare that often accompany lenses and other optical effects.
And if you struggle to paint it directly then painting the light/reflections on a separate layer set to Screen or Colour Dodge can give you a bit more control.
Attachments: