April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Thomgirl's Digital Ruminations

06 Sep 2016 20:34 #14501 by Thomgirl

Calling it done for now. I'll probably revisit the collar area at some point, but I'm ready to move on to something else :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

07 Sep 2016 14:55 #14508 by Digital Dave
Came out very nice, Thomgirl. Really like the eyes. :)

I too haven't been around for a while and I'm trying to get back to doing some artwork here real soon. Been dealing with some injuries myself and now just waiting for a new computer to show up.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

07 Sep 2016 20:51 #14519 by Valence
Looks good!
I like the metallic shine on those neck-pieces. It creates a nice variation of texture that adds even more polish to the image.

09 Sep 2016 12:13 #14535 by crankshaft
Awesome work! The tattoo looks soo real!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomgirl

11 Sep 2016 01:35 #14543 by Thomgirl
So after doing that elven portrait in all its color glory, I went back and looked at my paladin character that I had done (the black and white with the gold feathers and trimmed mace) and realized that I had done a very very rush job on that and didn't really capture the likeness of the character. This has been a very long standing character for me and it seemed unfair to have, I felt, done far less to to capture her character than I did for a character that was fleshed out more recently in a relative sense. At first I thought 'Hey, I'll just take the old painting and adjust the face accordingly and do it in color', but with the encouragement of a friend (who is very attached to the B&W version) I decided to do an entirely new version. So without further yaking on my part: 'Taeva, The Avowed' take two :)

Attachments:

11 Sep 2016 09:23 #14544 by Charlotte
a very nice start! :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Sep 2016 10:04 #14547 by kazky
Oh thats looking lovely Thomgirl!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 Sep 2016 17:24 #14549 by microscopi
Wow ! No matter how you color that Thomgirl it will look awesome, you could use pink and purple polka dots and I would still love it! :woohoo:

11 Sep 2016 21:04 #14551 by Thomgirl

Wow ! No matter how you color that Thomgirl it will look awesome, you could use pink and purple polka dots and I would still love it! :woohoo:

LOL, I'll keep that in mind ;) There actually will be a lot of pinks and purples involved for getting the skin tone to have that 'vibrant' look in the undertones. I hope to have a color update posted soon.

12 Sep 2016 02:38 #14553 by crankshaft
Looking good! Can't wait to see you add color!