April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

The Aywas Thread

20 Sep 2017 08:29 #18231 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic The Aywas Thread
Besides cats and dogs the only "indoor pets" I've had were pigeons. They were tame enough, but they always woke us up at 4 am (and they tended to poop wherever they sat, including on you...)

Outdoors we had geese and chicken, some of the chicken were real tame as well and would come and jump up in your lap or sit on your back/shoulders when you went into their cage. But no hamsters or other such furry little cuties.

Oh and my sis had an aquarium. I had one fish in it. But one day one of the fich went floating belly up and my sis insisted that it was just resting, until it got moldy and all the fish died. :eyeroll:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Sep 2017 11:55 - 21 Sep 2017 11:56 #18238 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Aywas Thread

Oh and my sis had an aquarium. I had one fish in it. But one day one of the fich went floating belly up and my sis insisted that it was just resting, until it got moldy and all the fish died. :eyeroll:

It was probably just pining for the fjords.

21 Sep 2017 14:53 #18240 by Charlotte
Uhm I don't think the fish was from Norway....

22 Sep 2017 09:11 #18245 by Charlotte
More Aywas...

I did the same farmstead but with slight differences for spring. The pigs are separate "items", and for the spring farm I did chicken. I need to make an autumn version too - but I think I'll skip animals for that. Maybe I'll do a pumpkin or something... Then I hope to do a winter version (with a goat "item"/companion).

Attachments:

22 Sep 2017 10:14 #18246 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic The Aywas Thread

Uhm I don't think the fish was from Norway....

You'd be able to tell by his accent.

22 Sep 2017 10:47 #18247 by Charlotte
Are you implying I did not talk enough to my fish?

Wait it was my sis fish... hmmm... I can't recall if it sounded like it was telling a joke. Norwiegans always sound like they're having a good time, even when they don't...

25 Sep 2017 19:06 - 25 Sep 2017 19:09 #18267 by Mr. Sabrosito
Replied by Mr. Sabrosito on topic The Aywas Thread

Besides cats and dogs the only "indoor pets" I've had were pigeons. They were tame enough, but they always woke us up at 4 am (and they tended to poop wherever they sat, including on you...)

Outdoors we had geese and chicken, some of the chicken were real tame as well and would come and jump up in your lap or sit on your back/shoulders when you went into their cage. But no hamsters or other such furry little cuties.

Omg you actually left the fish rot inside the aquarium ? off course they all died XD.

you waited until the water was green , slimy, and all the fish population belly up to figure out shit was going down XDDDD

Baby chickens are really cute , i had a green and a purple one. (Yeah they used to sell dyed chickens outside my school)

Girl how come you didn't have hamsters? you need a hamster in your life .

25 Sep 2017 19:56 #18270 by Charlotte
Hey! It was my sister who refused to take out the dead fish! I tried to persuade her it was dead for days! :lol:

I have a hamster in my life (the site mascot/owner hamster one). Dunno why I never had one as a kid, though. I remember not wanting guinea pigs or bunnies but I might have liked a hamster. Or a mouse. I'd have loved a mouse. My dad's (ex)wife are terrified of them. :evil:

25 Sep 2017 23:23 #18273 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic The Aywas Thread
I've never liked the idea of those small pets, like mice or guinea pigs or hamsters. They're all a little to "rodenty" for me with their scuttling and scratching and squeaking. (Sorry, Banj.)
I did once have a rabbit (that didn't last very long) but other than that, all my childhood pets were cats. I like cats. They look after themselves. ;)

26 Sep 2017 01:41 - 26 Sep 2017 01:47 #18277 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic The Aywas Thread
I've always enjoyed pets of all sizes, but I tended to get the bigger ones after I moved out at age 19. ... We had dogs, cats, fish, mice, hamsters, small turtles and a rat (sister brought it home, was a school pet) and also numerous birds when growing up. (Cockatiels, Parakeets, mostly) I also personally had two Ferrets and one Mink that were mine that I got from a friend who bred them.

After getting my own place though, I've had numerous dogs, mostly all larger breads. (German Shepherds, Husky, Samoyed, Akita, Chow and a Cocker Spaniel and a Beagle (They were the only real little guys) And those were just the furry folks. I've had a few birds, mostly Parakeets, and one Double Yellow Naped Amazon Parrot, named Sydney. He spoke a couple languages, but we never did figured out the one we didn't know. ... I've also had quite a few reptiles, 1/2 to a dozen or so Iguana's, the largest being near to 5 1/2 feet long, named Goliath. I've owned a few Monitor Lizards as well, one Nile Monitor and a couple Savanna's. Also had two Sail Fin Dragons, but they were quite large when given to me and I ended up having to get rid of them, due to a lack of proper housing for them. And had a load of smaller lizards as well. ... Also had a bunch of snakes too. One Red Tail Boa, One Reticulated Python who was quite nasty when I got him, and so when he was 11 feet long, had to get rid of him because I couldn't trust him with others. - Two Burmese Pythons, one took ill at a young age, but the other (Sabbath) was 13 -1/2 feet long and weighed over a 100 lbs. when I gave him to a friend who does shows all over the US, educating kids. (He was gentle as could be, but it was too hard finding him food. He would eat 4 to 5 large ducks or rabbits in a sitting, and every couple/few weeks. - I also had numerous other snakes like Ball Pythons, Corn Snakes, Black Snakes, etc. - Besides this, I've owned a load of different kinds of fish over the years. So many types, I couldn't begin to name them. From fresh water to brackish, I've owned probably 50 to 70 different types, if not more. The last one I had was a Beautiful Blue with Black Stripes, African Cichlid. Who when he turned something like 4 or 5 years old, decided to switch over to a Sunburst Yellow! ... Kind-of freaked us out, because this happened over just a day or so, if my memory is correct. :)

To me, animals are just cool and I enjoy having them around. :) ... I can honestly say I've hung out with way more animals over the years than humans. :D - I presently only own my 3 fuzzy pups now, since I don't have as much time to spend on animals as I used to, but they are more then enough. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D