March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Prophet II

11 Apr 2017 10:14 - 11 Apr 2017 21:57 #15736 by Geir
Prophet II was created by Geir

Ok, since I already have started a WIP for this one on facebook, I might aswell give it a go here also.
This will be a much more predefined idea. I will use graphite pencils, and most likely polycolor pencils for the colored part/parts (which is something I have done much of late).
This drawing might be seen as another version of my first Prophet drawing, but it not really ment as that. In spite of the name :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2017 22:06 #15773 by Geir
Replied by Geir on topic Prophet II
Done some more on this tonight. Some shading and trying to find out how the overall shape of the whole figure should be. What parts should stick more out, which parts will be in drawn backwards, which ones in total shadow, and so on.

Attachments:

12 Apr 2017 23:36 #15776 by Geir
The all over shape is starting to get defined proporly.
Attachments:

18 Apr 2017 06:54 #15823 by Geir
A few more stages. In the last one I have introduces some lines. The reason is that I want to make a background in this one (which my organisisms usually dont have).

Attachments:

18 Apr 2017 16:11 - 18 Apr 2017 16:12 #15863 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Prophet II
Geir it's amazing how detailed your wip's are, very cool to see your design process, all that texture looks great, look forward to seeing how it progresses. B)

18 Apr 2017 22:15 #15867 by Geir
Then, wait no longer, Microscopi. For here is the final drawing.
"Prophet II". Graphite and polycolor pencils. As said, I wanted to introduce some sort of background. I thought a sort of brick wall would work well. By splitting it and making two walls on each siden, and keeping the white paper clean in the middle, I would get the backlight I needed to let the object fade out into the white paper.... or background light.
I really love the play I get by using small parts of the drawing for color against the grey graphite.

Attachments:

18 Apr 2017 23:26 #15868 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Prophet II
Beautiful Geir. It somehow reminds me of a womb, the main section has a lovely organic feel to it, then you notice the cracks in the 'egg' or shell. Encrusted with those few gems adds to the feeling that it is somehow protecting these precious items. Your limited use of colour works very well and I love the wall which looks like it's been designed by some lunatic architect with those tiny blocks.

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

19 Apr 2017 07:07 #15870 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Prophet II
Oooh nice!
I really like that mix of organic and decorative in the greyscale and the minimal use of colour in these pieces of yours. If I ever become rich (or just get a house where I can have the "artists wall" I dream of) I'm gonna have to commission something from you!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

19 Apr 2017 07:28 #15871 by Geir
Thanks folks, glad you like it :)
Their're not that expensive for now, Charlotte ;) I guess this would go for around 800 kr. I dont take much for these nowadays, since it all for fun. I dont try to build a career anymore.

19 Apr 2017 07:31 #15872 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Prophet II
Good to know ;)
I still need somewhere to put it though!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.