April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

HobbyHorse's 2D, 3D, sketches and Wips

22 Aug 2015 20:38 - 22 Aug 2015 20:40 #12097 by hobbyhorse
A few more sketches. Studies for a carving on the top of a staff

Roller ball ink pen sketch
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2015 08:59 #12098 by Charlotte
Love the ink pen sketch!

And I can read "no virgins allowed" :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

24 Aug 2015 22:39 #12117 by microscopi
Nice details in the waterfall sketch, must of taken awhile. :woohoo:

I don't see any virgins, but can you point in their direction? :P

25 Aug 2015 00:04 - 25 Aug 2015 00:07 #12118 by hobbyhorse
Ha Ha micro not a single virgin to be seen...but I will keep my eyes peeled for some and send them your way :lol:
I'm not really sure how long the waterfall took as it was just a doodle while I was killing some time before going to work. But I'm glad you guys like it.
And I'm glad the sign reads.
Random doodles of a piece I am currently working on

Working on an articulated wing for reference like the horse.

This was what I saw in a fellow artist's abstract work. I did a dragon at the mouth of the cave that was based on another abstract painting that my mind tries to make sense of. Guess I never'll be an abstract artist.
Attachments:

25 Aug 2015 11:23 #12125 by Digital Dave
Glad to see you started a thread, Lori. Always enjoy seeing your sketches. :) Hope to get back to doing some soon myself.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

05 Sep 2015 01:18 #12232 by hobbyhorse
Sadly haven't had time for sketching recently. Was asked to do a presentation on staining wood and have been busy learning Keynotes (Mac's version of power point) and writing up handout materials...just finished making 120 of each.

Also finished up a visual aid using different species of woods and how they look under different kinds of stains.

I am working on a banner design for an Etsy store I'm hoping to open to sell my carvings...but that means I haven't done any carving either.
And helped a friend do a bit of cleaning on their building at the Ohio Renaissance Festival before it opens this weekend.
And there is the carving show in November I don't have anything new to show at :blink:

I hope I can find some time soon to do both carving and painting, but time will tell.

10 Sep 2015 00:34 #12268 by Valence
Wow, you sound busy!

So much to do and so little time. :)

10 Sep 2015 11:51 #12273 by Digital Dave
Yep, you do sound a but overwhelmed. I know the feeling! ;) ... Haven't done any work in quite some time myself, but am looking into picking up some new sketching tools to try out and hope it kick starts me. I am missing sketching, and have been wanting to get some in for a while now. :)

Also have a request from a guy here at work to re-create a logo for his website/business. Told him i hope to get to work on it some here in the next few weeks.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

19 Dec 2015 01:06 #13030 by hobbyhorse
Well, it has been a while. Got through everything though and received a commission for a walking stick at the show, of a Selkie. Customer is planning to go to Scotland and wanted a nice stick to walk around the place with. I've got it carved and 'sealed' (pun intended) just need to paint it and mount to the stick.

Attachments:

19 Dec 2015 10:03 #13035 by Charlotte
Lovely! And I like how the rings in the wood gives an unexected pattern on the seal(kie) too!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.