March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Dave's Digitals

24 Apr 2021 12:33 #34569 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Yeah, shopping itself is not high on my list, actually quite low... ok, honestly, I hate it! :lol: - And furniture is one of the bigger ones too. Not sure how it is where you are, but here, if it's made from solid wood and has nice designs, they usually want a freakin' arm and a leg for it. And to be honest I don't like much of what I see to begin with. ... I think since we've been together, 38 years, I've only purchased a few things such as hutches, cabinets, etc. since I don't usually like those I've seen, or they're made from pressed woods, etc. So most of the larger items we have, we've gotten from family or friends too that didn't no longer want them or they needed to get rid of. I find the older stuff more attractive and not as plain overall. But we really don't have much in total either.

I actually wouldn't mind building some things, since I do like working with wood and have the tools. I've done some stuff over the years, like building custom designed cabinets for Reptiles, etc. But this was when I was younger and had more time... and desire. :) (And the Wife has mentioned/requested this from me numerous times too) But I honestly find having the time these days, with all the other stuff I'm doing, quite scarce.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Apr 2021 12:02 - 27 Apr 2021 12:04 #34598 by Digital Dave
Well, no Artwork time in this weekend. I actually took Monday off as well, as I was pretty wiped out, even though I did even more work all day instead of resting. :S ... Was able to get up to Lowes and pick up the last two sheets of drywall I needed. (Why the hell did I get the larger, extremely heavy one!?!) :dunno: I guess when I started the basement I was thinking they would be better overall, especially since it would be down in the basement? But boy am I glad that parts over. I have now got the entire basement done as to hanging the heavy stuff. Now just need to do some mudding and sanding, which is always a treat. ... If you haven't sanded walls for drywalling/mudding, consider yourself lucky. - That damn drywall dust gets everywhere and on everything and clean-up is such a pain. I plan to mud it some tonight, but think I will wait to get to work on sanding. I also want to finish up the hallway on the main floor, so will probably get that done first. But will be elated when its all done with. ... Also picked up two new decorative columns for the bottom of the steps, to replace the standard 4 x 4 post, but not sure when I want to start that? Since I also plan on re-doing the steps themselves as well.

Other than tilling, I still haven't gotten the Garden planted yet. :unsure: Had some plants for nearly a week, but the rains and weather hasn't been too cooperative, so hoping to do that tonight. ... So might get to doodle some around lunch or so.

27 Apr 2021 13:38 #34599 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
Gosh I get tired just reading about all the stuff you seem to do in a day! :D

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

27 Apr 2021 14:27 - 27 Apr 2021 14:28 #34601 by Digital Dave
:lol: ... You and me both. Seems unending at times. :S - When we first moved in, it seemed like it was all I was doing. Weekends, evenings, etc. Remodeling, upgrading or just enhancing some things. Like I cut the walls down that separate the living room, dining room and kitchen, since it felt a bit enclosed. And it came out nice, with me leaving ledges about 3-1/2' high. At first when the wife watched me measure and mark it all out, she wasn't sure just how it might come out, but now loves it. :) ... But I think I burned out a couple years later. Just the fact of constantly doing it just took it's toll. Now I'm getting back to doing a few more things I didn't get to or finish up. But don't think there'll be too many more things in total... But I'm sure there will always be something. :lol: I have been taking Advil from time to time though.

30 Apr 2021 14:02 #34640 by Digital Dave
Well, it's getting there... somewhat :S ... Had to move some stuff over to the other side to be out of the way & not get too dirty/damaged, so haven't had any Art time in the evenings, which sucks.

I have all the drywall up & now working on the mudding and sanding. (Would like to get a lot more of this done this weekend, if not all. Which is even more great now, since I was just informed it's actually Friday!) :lol: One of my staff stopped by my office this morning and mentioned it being Friday, and here I thought today was Thursday since I woke this morning. :oops: ... Once I'm done with the sanding, I can throw on some paint, as well as the door trim and have at least 1/4 of the basement done. :huh: (As far as the walls go I should say) I'm not going to do the drop ceiling or carpeting until the other side is done, completing the one half of the basement I plan to use for, um, personal relaxation/recreational.. or simply livable area? - Not sure how one would describe it properly? But this includes the other side with the Fireplace, and basically the side I will be using that will have furniture and the like for chilling out, watching TV, drawing, etc.. I will be utilizing the other half too of course, but this will mostly be for more working on related stuffs, like my archery equipment, or other projects. And will house all my tools, work benches, equipment, etc. (And of course, some storage too.) Also dropped in a new inlet too. For some reason, they didn't have one on this long wall, which I thought was odd? But the again, they didn't have any at all on the other half of the basement where the washer/dryer and freezer are, so I dropped in those a while back when I first hung drywall in that section, and after sealing the walls for drainage protection. I also ran all new cable throughout, which is no longer used since I have since switched over to using Sling and other streaming apps. But it's there if needed.

Though I could actually carry the desk back upstairs and maybe work out of my bedroom? If the need becomes more desired. But I'd really rather get the walls done for the basement, since it's cooler & also quieter down there. But we'll see. I do so want to put in some art time too.

Attachments:

30 Apr 2021 14:07 #34643 by Charlotte

I'm not going to do the drop ceiling or carpeting until the other side is done, completing the one half of the basement I plan to use for, um, personal relaxation/recreational.. or simply livable area? - Not sure how one would describe it properly?

I think the term you're looking for is "Kinky Dungeon" :evil: :whistle:

(OK, I'll just run off and hide for a bit, now....)

30 Apr 2021 14:45 #34646 by Digital Dave

I'm not going to do the drop ceiling or carpeting until the other side is done, completing the one half of the basement I plan to use for, um, personal relaxation/recreational.. or simply livable area? - Not sure how one would describe it properly?

I think the term you're looking for is "Kinky Dungeon" :evil: :whistle:

(OK, I'll just run off and hide for a bit, now....)

Hahaha... Ok, well, so I'm not sure if that was what I was referring to or going for.. but think that's even better! :lol: But not sure if I should actually ask anyone if they would want to come down and check out my "Kinky Dungeon" though. :thumbup:

17 May 2021 11:27 - 17 May 2021 11:40 #34899 by Digital Dave
Ok, so I still haven't done any artwork in the past couple weeks. Which sucks, but I've been staying quite busy with working in the basement, as well as dealing with other things such as doing the Garden and even some vehicle issues that arose. (I have to replace both brake-light assemblies on the Wife's Trailblazer this afternoon.) Someone told her that her brake lights were out the other day, all but the one on top. So when I pulled the units apart, both brake light connections had been melted some, so had to order two new ones which will be in today for pickup. ... I did at least finish the first part of the basement walls, adding the door and floor trim, then painted after applying coats of primer first. Think this was Thursday or so when I finished that part?

Attachments:

17 May 2021 11:40 #34900 by Digital Dave
Actually moved some things back over to the finished side, since I decided to just continue working to the other side with the fireplace while I'm at it. (This would complete half the basement at least) Re-framed around the Boiler, and plan to install some light-weight panels for easy removal if needed for maintenance, etc.. (Wife has also asked if I could/would re-face the Fireplace with this project. Told her we could look into it, but have nothing planned on it yet. I mainly want to get the walls completed (Trim and Painting) and then purchase some carpet to layout this one half, including the steps and bannister remodel, which is already in the plans and have picked up new columns, etc. Will also be creating a storage closet under a portion of them.

Attachments:

17 May 2021 11:47 #34902 by Charlotte
You do more in a week than I've done in.... 46 years or so :p

:thumbup: