March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Dave's Digitals

23 Apr 2021 12:23 - 23 Apr 2021 12:24 #34545 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
The new one obviously matches the round table too :)
And I really like the look of that cabinet in the background. Plus I'm kind of jealous. I have no room for a table like that but dad had one that I kind of wish I could have taken over from him. I think maybe my older sis has it though, and while it's still in dad's storage, his big easel belongs to me now. It's huge. But back to the drawing table, he had one that was a bit steampunk looking with a big cogwheel on the side... *sighs wistfully*

EDIT: And that pun in there wasn't even intentional. I only noticed it after I posted! :blink:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2021 13:41 #34546 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
It actually matches the round table, as well as the smaller table on the other side not shown, and pretty much everything else I have down there. But it's really nice, though I do wish it was a bit heavier. They used wood that is a tad on the lighter side for moving convenience, but still quite nice. I too have seen those with piping for the legs and feet, and I'm guessing that helps with stability and also gives a steam punk look. ... I was just telling the Wife last night, I wouldn't mind re-producing one myself, using the design of this one. But beefing up the legs some and customizing it some too. :) ... Would be fun, and make it quite personal to boot!

Love to see your Fathers, if you manage to get any pics one day.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

23 Apr 2021 17:10 #34547 by Charlotte
Might be a tad difficult since I don't even know where it is, anymore. :P

23 Apr 2021 17:29 #34549 by Digital Dave
Had to run out for a site meeting, but I forgot to mention that the cabinet you pointed out, is actually an Armoire my Wife got recently from some lady on Facebook she met. She only paid $65 for it, and it very nice, as well as Heavy as hell! But she put some of her craft stuff in it, and then decided it was a bit too large, so gave it to me to use in the basement. (She uses the spare bedroom for her stuff & I'm pretty much using the basement for all mine.) ... Mine's bigger. :P My basement actually measures 48' x 28' and is one big room. So it does provide me good space.

So now the Armoire is officially my new Art Cabinet, and it's great. :) Oddly enough, the Round Table sitting next to the new desk she also got from another lady recently for nothing. Up close, it has a few small marks from general use over the years, but overall it's quite nice and I really liked the look when she sent me some photos, asking if I could use it. So I asked her to pick it up for me. - I actually have a real nice Coffee Table with matching End Tables that I picked up many years ago, that's also Amish craftsmanship. It' also extremely heavy and well made, as their stuff generally is, and originally ran for about $1000 for the set. (But I got it a little cheaper, being a friend that owned that store gave me a good deal on it) But it's been just sitting down in my basement for I don't know how long wrapped in a plastic wrap for protection? Just never used them since they didn't really match the furniture we have in the living room upstairs. And for a while, I actually thought of just selling them to recoup some of the money I spent? But told the Wife the other day since I'm finally getting the basement cleared of other folks stuff, and setting things up, I might just start using them? Not sure yet. ... But geneally speaking, the basement itself usually stays about 15° cooler then the upper floor, so I find that much nicer and a place to escape the heat when it starts getting real hot.

23 Apr 2021 17:35 #34550 by Digital Dave

Might be a tad difficult since I don't even know where it is, anymore. :P

Oh, that sucks. I left my message box sitting open when I left, so it didn't refresh until I just posted.

23 Apr 2021 17:39 #34551 by Charlotte
I think you should prepare a nice cool corner for your wife in that basement too :P
I hate it when it gets too warm!

23 Apr 2021 18:21 #34553 by Digital Dave
Oh, she comes down from time to time. She was actually down there last night, and I told her since she's been using my computer almost exclusively lately, she can bring her glass computer desk down in the basement to make more room for her. So will probably do that tonight. ... She has a bunch of sewing stuff, new table and new machine to work with. She does crocheting, and has a LOT of stuff for that. So along with wanting to paint rocks, and do all sorts of things, she's building up quite a collection. But when it gets hot, she'll be coming down.

23 Apr 2021 20:47 #34557 by Charlotte
I think I like your wife :)
I have piles of sewing stuff and yarns but I've yet to get any sort of order in my "hobby room"/living room and much of it isn't even properly unpacked yet.

23 Apr 2021 22:33 - 23 Apr 2021 22:37 #34562 by Digital Dave
Actually just went down and took a couple pics, so you can see the whole pieces, instead of parts.

Funny thing is, when she first called me at work to tell me about it, I was jokingly getting on her and told her that I was actually clearing the basement over the past few weeks, not just making room! :lol: - But when she showed me the pics, I thought they would do quite well in the basement & with the round one being free, and only $65 for the armoire, I think she did quite well. ... Both ladies who she got them from both said they were only getting rid of them to make room. :blink:

Here's the Armoire...

And the inside has a lot of room...

Here's the Round Table...

Again, forgive the drywall. I'm hoping to get out early tomorrow and pick up the last piece. I had just enough, but ended up having to use one sheet for something else, making me one short. ... Now that I have replaced the back door and frame, I can finally get the last two sections hung. You can see one leaning up against the wall. Then just paint and get some carpeting. I only have the throw rug in there presently. But it fits where I've been working from.

Attachments:

24 Apr 2021 09:08 #34565 by Charlotte
I downsized quite a bit when I moved here last year, but I hope I can eventually move somewhere bigger. Both for the cats' sake (one is currently bouncing between the walls...) and so I can actually shop for furniture - probably second hand. It's always fun to look, but I don't have room for anything. And in the 27-28? years since I moved away from home I've only bought myself 3 pieces of furniture. Everything else is from when I still lived at home of from my grand parents.