March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Dave's Digitals

23 Jan 2019 02:18 #23511 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Thanks, Valence. Glad to see things are still rolling along for the rest of you good folks. I actually have a couple request I've been asked about, so I may have something to work on. But to be honest, one is more to do with graphics, then actual painting. But it sure is a first for me at least. :huh: - I was asked by a lady at my work, who I've known for nearly 35 years, if I would create a Death-Blanket for her. :eek:

Again, she would just like me to design it, using all the information she provided. But not necessarily paint it all in. So she doesn't mind me using Graphics, per se, just wants a nice layout with the design aspects she's selected. :) Might be something to help me get back in the feel for things...

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 May 2019 01:09 - 05 May 2019 01:12 #24649 by Digital Dave
Haven't done much of anything lately. Did doodle some a few weeks ago, trying to sketch out a couple ideas. But then got sick for a couple weeks and was laid up trying to get over it.

Attachments:

05 May 2019 01:14 - 05 May 2019 01:17 #24650 by Digital Dave
Another idea I had, which I really wasn't feeling, but at least it's something. Thought about just doing a close up of the Mushroom itself, but need to revisit to see if it's something I will like to work up some?

Attachments:

05 May 2019 08:39 #24651 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
Lucky chicks, just out of reach of that big hungry cat! :)

For the mushroom house, I'd suggest having some surroundings but maybe keep it at a mushroom scale, so that the trees aren't the same size (as the shroom). More like maybe a big trunk in the background, other mushrooms and/or flowers?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

05 May 2019 11:47 #24654 by Digital Dave
(More like maybe a big trunk in the background, other mushrooms and/or flowers?) ... Good idea, and only reason I thought to zoom in on the Mushroom, was to be a focus it more and allow for more detailing. But I like you ideas for more mushrooms and flowers. Think that POV might be better as well. :)

10 May 2019 01:56 - 10 May 2019 02:01 #24682 by Digital Dave
Not much really, but I did manage to sit down and put in about 30 minutes just throwing in some color to see how it works. Basically hoping to use this one to help get me back in the mood. :) I did expand the canvas some upward, since I felt it was a bit unbalanced. Plus I wanted to add more sky. I do like working on clouds ya know, like similarly with dirt, wood, etc.

On a side note, poor Banj isn't looking too good I see. :) But it reminds me how I was feeling for a couple weeks just recently. But someone could give him a tissue though.

Attachments:

10 May 2019 19:26 #24693 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Dave's Digitals
Yep, that's a nice choice of colours there. Looks very harmonious and natural, it already reads well as a thumbnail too, which is always a good sign.
And it's good to see you painting again. Keep at it! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Digital Dave

11 May 2019 13:12 #24700 by Digital Dave
Thanks, Val. Still making some tweaks and adding more color and tones.

Attachments:

16 May 2019 01:01 #24757 by Digital Dave
Still trying to put in some time here and there on the sky, but not sure if I'm screwing up now? ... Actually liked where it was going, but then got the idea I wanted to darken the area behind the Kitty, so it would help the highlights pop... But I feel I might have started over-doing it. Will continue on and see where it takes me I guess.

Attachments:

16 May 2019 15:30 #24758 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Dave's Digitals
I'm thinking if you're going for the sunset look, maybe you should darken the kitty against the sky instead... (since the light is sort of behind it or to the right, rather than from the same place as the viewer)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.