Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Dave's Digitals

17 Jul 2015 20:46 #11791 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Dave's Digitals
The kitten story was adorable Dave!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Jul 2015 03:19 - 19 Jul 2015 03:26 #11806 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Dave's Digitals
Thank you ladies & gentleman. :)

Thanks, Dom. I just hope they find it a good home. :)

Are you saying I don't like using refs, Lori? :P ... I will if I need to of course, if I can't make it look right. :)

The past week has been quite rough, but I did get a little time in on this today and one night this past week. I did work the hand a little, just to get it closer. (Will spend some more time on it later, when possible) For now, I was just working up the BG some. Besides, it's where I generally like to loose myself and with the limited time, I at least got it closer. Still quite a ways to go, but hopefully it's getting there.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

19 Jul 2015 14:13 #11809 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Dave's Digitals
Looking awesome Dave! Even though it's a wip don't forget to add some folds to her shirt to give it more form (particularly her arm) and to add more visual interest. Also the background is nice but it is quite noisy compared to the foreground. Maybe blur it a bit?

25 Jul 2015 11:01 #11834 by Digital Dave
Thanks. And yep, there will be some additional work to the shirt, just haven't started on it yet. And once I get the foreground worked up some, I will take a look at the overall image.

29 Jul 2015 13:46 #11872 by hobbyhorse
Replied by hobbyhorse on topic Dave's Digitals
The hand looks much, much better. I look forward to seeing some color added....when you are happy with the value study. :)

25 Aug 2015 11:59 #12131 by Digital Dave
Thanks Lori. :) ... Unfortunately I haven't been working on it for a while now. I've still been working 6 and 7 days a weeks, which I'm hoping ends this month? Been doing this for months now! - Plus, my wife has been having some issues with her back that we've been dealing with for a while. She had 3 MRI's done just a few weeks ago, and they now have her scheduled to have some injections done in her lower back starting next week. (3 injections, every two weeks, for three sessions) So we're just hoping it helps.

Hope to get back to some artwork soon. :)

26 Aug 2015 13:03 #12149 by Yian
Replied by Yian on topic Dave's Digitals
Hello Dave! Just a quick suggestion: right now everything look a bit flat because the value is all very similar, especially the figures and the background. If it is a day scene, I would consider lighten up the background so the characters are easier to read.

02 Sep 2015 18:02 #12204 by Digital Dave
Thanks Yian, and I agree. I'll lighten the BG some more as the foreground darkens. I just work a bit slow when I do this. Thanks again.

19 Sep 2015 02:22 - 19 Sep 2015 02:25 #12363 by Digital Dave
Well, I've been trying to get back into some artwork this past week or so, mostly just some minor doodling in the evenings, which I might post later. But also picked up a couple clutch pencils to try. (2mm & 5.5mm, along with some leads) I also picked up the digital art program, Paintstorm Studio.

For the low price of $19, it was really a no-brainer. I had done some research for a few days watching videos & reading reviews, trying to see what the program was capable of. But even if I hadn't, I would have purchased it as soon as I tried it for myself! Some described it as a program that takes some of the best things from Photo Shop, Painter, Manga Studio, etc. and put it in one package. And as others had started, it doesn't have all the bells & whistles PS has, (Which I don't even use anyway) I can easily see where this statement is close to the mark. It is a pretty cool program! :) - I can even see where some folks might jump over to using Paintstorm, over some of the others due to it's simplicity and customization. - I've only spent an hour or two with it last night mostly trying out the tools and such, and I swear the only thing you can't customize is your imagination! :D

And yeah, as with PS, there are things in Paintstorm I know I will probably never use. (mostly stuff I would think some would love for doing crafts and such) I think once one learns how to properly work with the settings and create some personalized tools, I don't see why anyone couldn't create some fantastic works as they could with any of the other programs mentioned above. And since it's completely compatible with PS already, and can open and save in .psd format, that's just another plus. :) ... I'm looking forward to trying it out here real soon on a real image.

Screenshot of the layout...

Attachments:

19 Sep 2015 18:20 #12368 by Digital Dave
Actually have stuff to do today, but couldn't help stop and play around with Paintstorm Studio real quick. :) So just spent 20 minutes playing around with a couple brushes...

Attachments: