April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Charlotte's Works

11 Jul 2015 21:14 #11734 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Charlotte's Works
Yes, I think it would be intriguing and also confusing picking your way through other people's methods and constantly asking yourself "Hmm, why do they do it that way?"
I dread to think what they'd make of my single layer paintings! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

18 Jul 2015 17:38 #11798 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Charlotte's Works
Even more Aywas related stuff. Chibis aren't Aywas related as such of course, but these are based on site pets. (They have a bunch of "site characters" already that are sort humoidized pets in chibi shape so I just tried to do something similar...)

I also read up a bit on chibis and apparently they're supposed to have exaggerated facial expressions. Mine don't, so I guess they're not 100 % real chibis :P

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

19 Jul 2015 02:53 #11800 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Charlotte's Works
Cute little characters, and I like the bright colors choices too.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

29 Nov 2015 15:50 #12884 by Charlotte
Been a while since I posted anything and now that I do it won't even be something I painted!
Apologies for my absence btw, I'm currently on sick leave for being somewhere between exhaustion and depression so I'm taking it very easy and not painting much or doing anything much really. (Taking anti-depressants so I feel fairly OK anyway :P)

But. I just had to stop by and make a silly post. Again, it's Aywas related. Aywas is a virtual pet site and we discussed pets here previously (in Dave's thread I think) and today I got this "Bumble" pet. and I named him... Marcus. Couldn't resist. :P (Note, NOT my work and it's copyright Aywas )

NOW does the hamster count as my pet? :silly:

Attachments:

29 Nov 2015 23:08 - 29 Nov 2015 23:13 #12890 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Charlotte's Works
It's funny how much we have in common right now Charlotte, i'm on sick leave from work for over a month now too, due to nerve inflamation, and it's getting me down also, combine that with a milestone birthday and wow,, so I know how you're feeling ! :)

My Dr's tried to prescribe prozac anitdepressant for me also, but I had a bad reaction to that once. Then they offered to put me on medical marijuana, (they're going to legalize in Canada soon), so i'm trying that but its for the CBL.

Marcus is looking very cool munchin away on that strawberry B) You could adopt him, people own virtual pets these days don't they? Hope you feel better! :cheer:

30 Nov 2015 00:45 #12891 by Charlotte
Sorry to hear you're in a similar spot (though the age thing doesn't bother me :)). It was constant headaches that made me go to the doc and ask for help. Though it wasn't until I had decided to take unpaid leave that he gave me sick leave. Now though I think both him and me are starting to realise it wasn't just headaches. I've been tired for years pretty much but just thought it was the way I am somehow... Now I'm thinking maybe not :P

What does a nerve inflammation do? Well, it's painful, I'm guessing. Hard to stay happy when in pain all the time, that i do know. My anti depressants do work though, even if they seem to mess with my sleep... Hope you'll get the help you need too.
*hugs*

30 Nov 2015 16:18 - 30 Nov 2015 16:21 #12896 by microscopi
Charlotte, i've heard women sometimes have Iron deficiencies as they don't eat enough meat as men, have you tried to increase your iron intake. It's a small solution, but I hope it's all that's wrong. :)

I was in a lot of pain in my shoulder, felt like it was dislocating from the socket and my right forearm muscles were spassing badly like I was constantly working out, so they gave me nerve dimmer pills and oxycodone. I don't want to get a addicted to that so they suggested medical marijuana, I just got some today, so if I sound a bit strange its not my fault! :lol: Maybe some excersise or reading might tire you out before bed. (hugs back)

30 Nov 2015 17:29 - 30 Nov 2015 22:59 #12897 by Charlotte
yeah I've given up enough blood in my day (for analysis not donations) that I could be all out of iron lol but according to the analyses done it's never been an issue for me. I'm one of those low carb eaters so I think I do get enough meat (and dark green veggies and some beans).

I think I've just been fighting my headaches for too long trying to manage when maybe I should have rested much sooner. Currently though I'm trying to stay up until I'm sleepy (two nights ago that ended up being 3.30 am....) and then NOT sleeping all morning. But today I woke up with a migraine so I've spent almost all day in bed. Well, I have a couple more weeks before I see the doctor again, I hope I can get my speeling sleeping :whistle: patterns sorted til then :)

I can understand that you don't want to get addicted. Is that not possible with medical marijuana then? I'd be scared to try that (even if it had been legal here). And while I don't drive often I do need to be able to, when I work, and as far as I know marijuana and driving isn't the best combo :P

30 Nov 2015 22:45 #12901 by microscopi
Haha yes definitely, and strangely my Dr said marijuana is good for migrains too, strains with high cannibidials, you can use a vaporizor too, so you don't inhale the smoke. B)

I've given up a lot of blood in a day too, I usually have to lie down because I can't walk after for a few min.Good luck with your Dr appt.

01 Dec 2015 16:29 #12914 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Charlotte's Works

...I named him... Marcus...

NOW does the hamster count as my pet? :silly:

:paranoid: