April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Charlotte's Works

23 May 2015 15:06 #10765 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Charlotte's Works
Good to see you painting again Charlotte!
I like the variety in those pet designs. The one at the bottom right with the softer petals on the head is very nicely done.
All that clean colouring and sharp line is way beyond my blurry messes but you've managed to match the style perfectly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 May 2015 21:06 #10785 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Charlotte's Works
Great coloring! I think this is a good idea to have some templates already made then you could just color them instead. This also lets you focus on rendering the materials instead of thinking too much about design, which tends to be a big problem of mine :P

30 May 2015 14:34 #10876 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Charlotte's Works
These are awesome! Development sheets always look great and these ones are super!

P.S. Sorry to hear about you under-the-weather-ness!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

31 May 2015 20:14 - 31 May 2015 20:16 #10923 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Charlotte's Works
Thanks guys :)
Dom I'm not sure it qualifies as a developmnent sheet since it's more of a gathering of separate images in various stages of completion :P And I think I'm feeling better. I've sure been enthusiastic about this Aywas stuff. Only problem is it's more fun than work. And more fun than household work, too. It's making me wish I could do this for a living... (But then again there's competition out there - I'm more of a get the job when nobody else wants it kind of person... *hides*)

Anyway been playing with my robots, and now have 4 different colours. They do look a bit blurrier than I'd like at their "proper" (game site) size, though...

EDIT: I see now that the golden one even seems to have lost the colour of it's eyes. Might have to look at that...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

13 Jun 2015 17:58 #11145 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Charlotte's Works
Cute little guys you have here, Charlotte, as well as your little fire breathers a page back. :) ... I'm also sorry to hear you were under the weather, but glad to see you at least found something to help get you back into it some.

Sadly, I couldn't even tell ya the last time I had an inkling about doing anything art-related. (Though not by choice of course, I do hope something kicks me here soon. :) ) ... Actually, been just feeling lethargic overall lately, even though I've been putting in extra time in at work, working 6 days a week as well as extended hours for over the past month. I'm sure that's not helping, or the weather heating up as it is. But again, I do hope to get back into it sometime soon.:)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

13 Jun 2015 19:11 #11149 by Charlotte
Thanks Dave, though I have no idea what fire-breathers you're talking about :)

Btw, I would think it's pretty normal to feel lethargic after working extra hours six days a week.... ;)

13 Jun 2015 19:15 #11151 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic Charlotte's Works
He was talking about the plant like "pets" that you have. It seems like he was calling them Dragons

13 Jun 2015 19:19 #11154 by Charlotte
ah I see... Maybe it takes a dragon to know a dragon? ;) or something... I don't think those kernals (as they're called) breath fire. Well, maybe some do. There are a lot of different versions on that site. Three of mine got chosen in the contests (two for the site shops and one as one of nine "specials" only given to one member of the site in a raffle).

13 Jun 2015 22:41 #11159 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Charlotte's Works
Yep, that was indeed my mistake. I thought they were little dragons as mentioned. :blink: I was actually still at work when I posted that earlier, and yep, I was tired. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

14 Jun 2015 21:01 - 14 Jun 2015 21:02 #11181 by Charlotte
Still dreaming of Aywas items to create, at night... Makes for rather restless sleep... Today I've finished the last of 5 more pet colorations and now I'm really going to try to take a break from painting stuff for that site (because I need to wash dishes and stuff before spending some summer time with family...)

This pet is called a maki... the monthly contests want something related to either the coming month or a specific theme (one of the three contests). The theme was "Relax". The monthly connections are the lunar landing, cow appreciation day (yes, there is one! July 15th) and teddybear picnic day.