April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Charlotte's Works

25 Jan 2015 22:39 #8392 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Charlotte's Works
I have no crits, it's looking fantastic, that dress & fabrics are gorgeous
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Jan 2015 07:22 #8397 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Charlotte's Works
Thank you both. The hair isn't done yet, it's pretty much a "place holder" at the moment. She's supposed to be blonde after all - this hair is much too dark :P So I'll remember your suggestions when I get to work on that bit, Dave!

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

10 Feb 2015 19:42 #8864 by Charlotte
I haven't been able to get anything right when it comes to painting, for the last few weeks... I've tried the hair and the jewellery on Cersei (and her remaining hand!) with no luck - whatever I do it just seems to end up worse than it was. So I've tried doodling and I even started a sketch for the steampunk challenge but I just don't seem to be getting anywhere. The other day my elder sis had her birthday and I considered painting some flowers from refs, just to use as a card. Of course it was a dumb idea - I usually take months to finish something anyway, but I figured it might be easy do do something simple from ref and uhm, no. So today I finally got back to that colouring book that will probably be finished by the time my niece retires... And it went reasonably well. Here's where I'm at now - and obviously some things are not done, but I'm pleased anyway, considering it's only a few hours of work...

Attachments:

10 Feb 2015 20:27 #8865 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Charlotte's Works
Looking quite nice. I also like that the little guys seem to have smiles on their faces. :) ... Only crit would be that the left side fishy, (our left) it's tail is not real readable at the moment. I would think showing it bending around more, or making it more like the other one might show better? Just thought to mention it, even though you may have not finished that portion yet, since it seems unfinished when compared to the clean lines elsewhere. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

10 Feb 2015 20:30 - 10 Feb 2015 20:31 #8866 by Charlotte
yup the tail is unfinished... Haven't figured out how to draw it yet :P Otherwise it's mostly the background that's unfinished. (Those things at the bottom aren't puddles even if they look like it. You can't have puddles in the ocean!)

10 Feb 2015 21:00 #8868 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Charlotte's Works

You can't have puddles in the ocean!)

In our world, you can anything you want! ;) ... Or maybe they're some type of air-bubble or pocket of bubbles? Or low areas where maybe some mini-crabs are burrowing to get away from them? Just throwing out some ideas. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

11 Feb 2015 08:30 #8869 by Charlotte
:cheer: in "our world" yes, but these line drawings aren't supposed to be fantasy :)
However there could be puddles of something heavier than water. Icky pollution for example. But I think I'll pass and try to make them look like rocks or coral instead. :lol:

11 Feb 2015 12:22 #8871 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Charlotte's Works
You can have underwater puddles , even in our world.

You can even have underwater lakes. So says David Attenborough.

11 Feb 2015 14:40 - 11 Feb 2015 16:53 #8873 by Charlotte
Well we have to trust David Attenborough! Though I did say that they (the puddles) would have to form from a heavier than water substance, which is exactly what this brine is. And the brine pools and the underwater lakes are one and the same (and presumably often larger than puddles). All this leads me to conclude that Attenborough is agreeing with me :P

EDIT: Going to call this finished I think.

EDIT 2: and as usual I see something immediately. I was planning to add a bit more variety to the background lineweight :P
EDIT 3: fixed

Attachments:

11 Feb 2015 21:32 #8883 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Charlotte's Works
I think this is beautiful Charlotte. Lovely, lovely work!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!