April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Cherrys Fantasies

29 May 2015 17:27 #10862 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Cherrys Fantasies
I agree with Dragon the breast in the first image looked better... I did a VERY sketchy paintover thingy to show what I meant earlier...

The idea I had was the smaller "inserted" boob image in the corner of the image. But looking at the whole thing (my messy pink lines) there's a twist to the torso - or at least there ought to be if you look at shoulders and hips - which means the boobs will end up somewhat differently. I think. The green messy lines is the current twist of the torso (which is basically only from navel to hips which is way too short a distance to twist that much).

Not sure I'm making much sense, but Marta Dahlig once mentioned to me that it's better to show just a little bit of the "other side" rather than a pure profile image. (She was talking about eye lashes in a face, but I think it goes for things like breasts and belly too - in this particular case the bird's head should probably be extended a bit towards us as well if you want it centered on her stomach, and I think it'd be enough to add more feathers on "our" side to achieve that.)

PS - I painted in her wings as I'd do them, with the arm bones corresponding to the bones in the bird wings but it does change the flow of the image so I think you should go with your own preference on that... :)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

29 May 2015 21:28 #10866 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Upper left hand corner(the ones with just the boobs) looks right

30 May 2015 02:28 #10869 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Great to see all this critique and the work you're putting into it! Here's another critique although it's more opinionated. I think some burst effects like feathers flying from her back to her front would help reinforce her transitioning into a raven. Hope this helps!

30 May 2015 23:39 #10900 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Another view
Attachments:

02 Jun 2015 06:30 #10952 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Ah thanks a lot for this help! I'll try and change it next time :)
(I mostly draw at work so haven't the chance to see the right angle here... :whistle: )

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

13 Jun 2015 17:24 - 13 Jun 2015 17:25 #11142 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Cherrys Fantasies

New update for the Mother of Raven :woohoo:
Changed the view a bit of her breasts and the head of the raven. And I repainted her wings - the last were too... fluffy. I think this is how it works :)

Since I see your still working on things that others have already mentioned, I thought I'd add that presently (and more-so with the addition of the bird closest to the viewer) it's hard to read which leg is actually supposed to be the one closest to us? My eye first leads down the hip toward the bird's tail feathers (or lowest leg) but then not seeing the back of this leg behind the bird's back, my eye wants to then make the leftmost leg the closer one? The lower leg also appears a tad smaller in build overall which also pushes it backward bringing the left leg more to the front. ... I just mention it, since I really can't tell which one you actually want to be the lead leg, or closer leg.

Hope that makes sense :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Oct 2015 09:12 #12495 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Cherrys Fantasies
It's october! (Surprised, mh? ^^ ) and I actually began working on different christmas presents. This will be the first:

My best friend loved my last Alice-painting a lot. And if I would be Alice myself - she would be Mary Poppins. We both love books - but - OMG! - she don't have any bookmarks I decided to paint her one with Mary Poppins in book illustration style. :)

the real test:

the planning:

first page WIPS

the other side with Mary Poppins as a portrait I'll paint it like Alice.

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

02 Oct 2015 09:30 #12499 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Oh I love how you used the same umbrella in two different ways/on the two sides of the bookmark :) Looking forward to seeing your final piece.

I haven't started anything for christmas this year. Last year I started in august I think and just barely finished, so... Will probably have to rely on purchased christmas cards :(

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

02 Oct 2015 14:00 #12505 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Cherrys Fantasies
In agreement with Charlotte, the umbrella being used on both sides is very cool indeed! :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Oct 2015 15:00 #12507 by Thomgirl
Replied by Thomgirl on topic Cherrys Fantasies
That is so very clever! I love it!