March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Cherrys Fantasies

30 Apr 2015 11:51 #10432 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Cherrys Fantasies
:) :) :)

Thank you Dom & kazky :lol:

I began to paint on this but I lost the way I wanted so I deleted a lot and hopefully I can post next week the next steps :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2015 22:58 #10444 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Cherrys Fantasies
I really like the flow and energy and form you have going Cherry :woohoo: Has the beginnings of a great pic, cool to see such a rough start as that's how my work flow goes!

02 May 2015 14:24 #10488 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Looking good Cherry! I do think her legs should be a bit longer but the sketch already has a lot of energy and flow!

22 May 2015 12:57 - 22 May 2015 13:10 #10751 by CherryGraphics
Spent some time on this painting again :)

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

23 May 2015 01:59 #10756 by crankshaft
Replied by crankshaft on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Looking good! I think the bird's head can move a bit closer to us because it doesn't feel like its going through her body. Instead it looks like it's still behind her stomach and ahead. Looking forward to more progress!

23 May 2015 08:19 #10759 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Cherrys Fantasies
I definately read the bird's head as coming out of her body. Both heads look good too :) I do think we'd see just a hint of her other breast though, and the shoulders look a bit over simplified and perhaps too close to the chest given that her arms/wings are stretched out behind her.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

26 May 2015 13:12 #10808 by CherryGraphics
Thanks for the tip Charlotte :) I'll work on her body more next time but it's always good to hear if somethings wrong for others.

Thanks craft :) I read the bird's head as coming out of her body like Charlotte said but I'll keep your opinion in mind when I have done more progress ... :)

Facebook / Behance

26 May 2015 14:58 - 26 May 2015 16:17 #10809 by Valence
Replied by Valence on topic Cherrys Fantasies
This is nice. I understand it as the head coming out of the body but I can also see what crankshaft means too. I think it's because the skin behind the raven head is a bit darker than the skin above the bird's head (and just below the breast.) When viewed as a thumbnail this creates an implied darker horizontal line that suggests a ghostly figure that we're seeing through. You shouldn't have to change anything there because as you soften the transitions on the skin the body will naturally appear more solid and emphasize that "bursting out" effect.

I also like the colour scheme. It's different from your usual style but you're controlling it very well. But I do agree with the shoulder comment. Some extra shading to describe the transition to the collar bone should do the trick.

29 May 2015 13:36 #10857 by CherryGraphics
New update for the Mother of Raven :woohoo:
Changed the view a bit of her breasts and the head of the raven. And I repainted her wings - the last were too... fluffy. I think this is how it works :)

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

29 May 2015 15:25 #10860 by Dragon6261
Replied by Dragon6261 on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Slap if you want, but I think the first pic was ok. (The one showing only one breast)The one showing two (if you makes them almost look flat(if you know what I mean by that)