April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Cherrys Fantasies

17 Nov 2014 14:31 #7221 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Slowly I can see the end :D

Hopefully I have time to do the final touch this evening - between pug cuddling and cookies baking. :woohoo:

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Nov 2014 17:33 #7311 by microscopi
Replied by microscopi on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Hey Cherry, looking really great so far, everything really comes together well, the only thing that stands out to me right away is the skin color, maybe change the hue a bit to match the color of the water, she would blend into her environment more, keep it going! :cheer:

24 Nov 2014 14:44 #7316 by CherryGraphics
thanks for the tip micro ^^ but the piece is already done. LOOK! :D
FINAL

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

28 Jan 2015 07:04 #8490 by CherryGraphics
hurray it's time to start a new piece! :woohoo:
I asked a friend of mine for a subject ... so she threw "star fighter" against me.
I thought about a strong creature - a fighter - a wolf. He holds the whole universe in his body, mind and soul. :)

so here's my first WIP. :lol:

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

28 Jan 2015 08:31 #8492 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Cherrys Fantasies
I like the beginning of this! The colours and the idea is nice and the eyes are wonderful already. The body and paws look a bit small compared to the head, though. At least that's the impression I'm getting at this point.

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Jan 2015 10:08 #8495 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Cherrys Fantasies
I already love it! as Charlotte says the eyes are beautiful already

28 Jan 2015 12:31 #8496 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Cherrys Fantasies
Agree with the ladies above, very nice start indeed and the eyes look great. Also agree with Charlotte's observation on the paws looking a bit small. ... Only thing I might add, is maybe moving the nose up a little, creating more space between the mouth and nose. Presently, the eyes give the impression that the wolf is looking at the viewer pretty much head leveled or slightly tilted downward. But the muzzle appears to be pointing more sharply downward because of the distance mentioned above. The sharper the animal looks downward, the smaller this distance will appear and vice versa.

Look forward to seeing how it comes out. :)

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

03 Mar 2015 13:45 - 03 Mar 2015 14:33 #9313 by CherryGraphics
Now that I look into this thread I see I still have to paint the star fighter .... :whistle:

But I started a new painting today... I always wanted to try a painting in style of Art Nouveau / Jugendstil :P

EDIT: added the color palette I want to use for it. :)

Facebook / Behance
Attachments:

03 Mar 2015 15:11 #9314 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Cherrys Fantasies
This is wonderful Cherry. I really look forward to seeing it progress!

I love the style and I think you have chosen a lovely, delicate pose. In my opinion, this sort of thing looks best in softer, more pastel-like tones and with relatively little rendering or form definition. But whatever you decide to do, I look forward to seeing it.

Great start!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: CherryGraphics

03 Mar 2015 16:02 #9316 by CherryGraphics
Thanks Dom!

I hope I can handle it :) The most difficult will be the line art which is so important for this style because I really can't draw a straight line from a to b xD I always want to draw short lines like in a sketch... :woohoo:

Facebook / Behance