April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Madi's WIP's

02 Aug 2014 05:32 - 02 Aug 2014 05:34 #4691 by octoberstormxx
Madi's WIP's was created by octoberstormxx
Hey all.

I return still sick as ever. But the good news is they think they found out I am allergic to fructose. The bad news is I live in America and the long exposure to the American diet has left me sick with some unhappy organs. I probably will not have to have my gallbladder removed. But no guarantee yet. I am hoping in spite of more tests there will be no more puking in front of people at the doctor office. Had an embarrassing week. But it is over.

I bring you another traditional drawing. A lion.

Reference photo in use: witchfinder-stock.deviantart.com/art/Lion-I-104429703

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2014 11:05 #4697 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Madi's WIP's
Oh Madi that sucks, good news that they found the issue though :( hope you can start to get better now.
Beautiful sketch, I love how the light is around his eye.
The following user(s) said Thank You: octoberstormxx

02 Aug 2014 14:01 #4703 by Atto
Replied by Atto on topic Madi's WIP's
Sorry to hear about you being unwell and obviously you haven't described the full extent of your illness but as far as removing a gall bladder my wife had the operation some 12 years ago. She had keyhole surgery so was in and out in 2 days and once the scar was healed she has had very little trouble with it. Just has to be careful with her diet (no overly fatty or spicy food) and has put on a little weight. Hopefully you won't have to go through it but it may not be as bad as you think.
Best wishes

No smudge tool was harmed in the making of this image.

02 Aug 2014 14:32 #4710 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Madi's WIP's
Sorry to hear Madi, hope you feel better soon. Like the start on the Tiger.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Aug 2014 21:52 - 02 Aug 2014 21:53 #4719 by octoberstormxx
Replied by octoberstormxx on topic Madi's WIP's
Thanks guys. :-D I'm glad to finally be back. :-)

Regarding the full extent of the problems. What I have can lead to liver disease and can also cause other organs to begin malfunctioning. My gallbladder is low functioning, but it is borderline meaning something is causing it to malfunction incorrectly. Turns out that is the fructose malabsorption problem, they think. It is hard to say because when I tried taking the fructose hydrogen breath test I ended up getting sick, unfortunately in front of other patients, not doctors. I am still in a lot of pain for now. I will have to undergo a lot more medical tests if this new diet I have does not solve it.

03 Aug 2014 08:42 #4743 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Madi's WIP's
Sounds like a lot to go through. I didn't even know you could get allergic to fructose, although I know one can be sensitive to certain carbs (I suspect I am but I don't recall if fructose was one of them... anyway I just read this one small article on FODMAPS and think it may be something like that but that's all irrelevant). I know the body can have allergic reactions to proteins but I guess I didn't kow there were other things as well. So what does the diet entail? I guess you've had to cut out some foods...?

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

08 Aug 2014 08:15 #4971 by octoberstormxx
Well after staying three days in the hospital they have concluded I am not fructose intolerant. I got scoped up and down and they didn't find anything. I am waiting for biopsy results in the next two days. I'm so tired of them telling me there is nothing there like it is in my head or something.

08 Aug 2014 11:34 - 08 Aug 2014 11:36 #4980 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic Madi's WIP's
Sorry to hear that Madi, and it can be frustrating. My wife went through similar for quite some time, making her feel the same way. Kept telling her they couldn't find anything wrong, (sometimes giving certain looks) like it was all in her head. But hopefully you will get some good news back from the biopsy results and they can identify and start treating it. ... Doctors would be better off just admitting that sometimes they don't know what's wrong, but still acknowledging there is an issue. But it's like they think it will make them feel less superior if they admit they don't know everything..

Even after my wife's disc-fusion surgery and installation of the titanium plate with 4 screws they put in her neck, I swear, not one of them freaking idiots ever came back and admitted there was indeed an issue they apparently failed to identify.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

08 Aug 2014 23:53 #5003 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic Madi's WIP's
I like your Lion drawing Oct!

This thread is starting to turn into the ails of CGARTNEXUS! Good grief Mr. Dave! That sound aweful for your wife! Please send her our best wishes!

As for you Oct, I hope you get better soon. Some of the warm advice that the others have given has been really nice to read, so I hope you can draw some comfort from what's been said. It doesn't seem to have affected your art though as this lion is looking great!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!

11 Oct 2014 20:56 #6600 by octoberstormxx
Thanks, Dom.

I think it's just been a round of bad luck for some. I am finally getting better, but it took months for them to figure out it wasn't my gallbladder. I had to go on so much antibiotics I actually got dizzy from them and ended up sleeping all the time. Today is my last day of antibiotics. I feel like I can finally shout, "I'm FREEEEE!"