April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Schoolism teacher drawing exercise

30 Apr 2015 22:30 #10442 by aonodori
I'm not sure if this counts as a tutorial as it's more of a monthly/weekly/however often you choose exercise. I watched it yesterday and I thought it was pretty awesome. Perhaps if enough people are interested we could start a practice thread for each month following this exercise?

Either way, it's interesting to watch :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

30 Apr 2015 23:33 #10445 by microscopi
Thanks for sharing aonodori, this guy has some pretty low prices for the school, cool to know he's from my city too, :woohoo:

30 Apr 2015 23:47 #10446 by aonodori
Yeah, they're actually doing a kickstarter project to try and get the subscription prices as low as possible, it's here if anyone wants to have a look at it, I think it's still running for a little while longer

02 May 2015 14:31 #10490 by crankshaft
Really cool stuff! I'm thinking of signing for some of Schoolism's online classes later on. Do they also teach how to draw technical stuff? Like perspective heavy stuff such as vehicles? From my research they do mainly organic stuff like characters, creatures etc.

03 May 2015 01:36 #10494 by aonodori
I'm not honestly sure, they seem to have some main courses that are always on offer and then a couple that might change depending on the teacher? I haven't seen anything so far on perspective and vehicles but mainly fundamentals such as lighting, colour, drawing and then some more advanced lessons in those fields as well.

They might have a suggestion/contact us section where you could request those courses and in the future they could put some in? It's worth a shot, they do have some amazing teachers there :)

03 May 2015 15:25 - 03 May 2015 15:31 #10496 by edtuckerartist
Has followed Bobby chiu for years (used to watch his livestreams - I think he has started them again now.) He's on facebook and twitter so you could ask him on there about that?

04 May 2015 13:57 #10501 by Banj

Has followed Bobby chiu for years

There are laws against that sort of thing you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edtuckerartist