April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

This is new? ... Just an FYI

01 Feb 2017 14:09 #15196 by Digital Dave
Tried to open CG Art Nexus yesterday, and this is what pulled up? Wouldn't let me access the site.

Then I clicked on the Advanced button and was able to add Exception to access the site. ... Just wanted to mention it, in case it's useful in any way, since this has never happened before yesterday.

Wasn't sure if something was done to the site to activate this message, but seems to be ok once adding the exception. Just found it odd. :dunno:

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Feb 2017 11:16 #15197 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic This is new? ... Just an FYI
The certificate on the site is fine as far as I'm aware and is accepted in all the browsers I've tried. It is possible something on your computer or in your browser is causing the error message.

I would check for malware and any recently installed apps/plugins on your system or in your browser that could be causing it.

A couple of firefox threads about the same error message:
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1102102
support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/936029

02 Feb 2017 16:41 #15203 by Digital Dave

It is possible something on your computer or in your browser is causing the error message

Yeah, I actually thought this would probably be the case myself, but just wanted to mention it in case you happen to have made recent changes that may have cause it.

This only happened on my work computer, and with all the junk and safety protocols they continually jam into our systems, this wouldn't surprise me. ... But been working fine since I added the exception for the site.

And yep, the wording from the complainants in the links you provided, sounds the same. Sites they had been going to for years, and this pops up.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D