April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Proposing new layout for CGArt Nexus

25 Jul 2015 11:51 #11835 by Yian
I would like to make a suggestion on our forum's design. Right now, I feel there are too many things going on. We have the latest posts thingy on the left, and many thumbnails on top, unanswered posts, facebook feeds, twitter feeds... these are some excellent stuff but I don't think some of them aren't needed and they just make the page look cluttered.

Attached is a concept image I did for a possible new design for our page.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Jul 2015 11:53 #11836 by Yian
benj, if you like what you see, please let me know. I will work with you and hopefully we can make this happen. :D

25 Jul 2015 12:34 #11838 by Charlotte
The hamster might need some time to think on it... After all the site was just revamped a few weeks ago - I doubt he's ready to redo it all again just now... :whistle:

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

25 Jul 2015 12:42 #11839 by Yian
Oh really... hmmm. Okay. But seriously, each page has so much going on right now. the primary function of the site is for sharing our work and the art challenges. We should keep things simple and minimal, in my opinion. Too many things on a page is just distracting.

25 Jul 2015 20:49 #11842 by Banj
Hi Yian, welcome to the site and thanks for your feedback.

As Charlotte says the site has only just undergone a revamp so there aren't going to be any major changes for a while though there will be an update to the forum at some point. If you are desperate for minimal, you can always access the forum via the Tapatalk app where you won't be distracted by any of that stuff :)

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

06 Mar 2017 00:13 #15419 by Yian
Hi Banj, it's 2017 now . Are you interested in updating the look of the forum again? :D

06 Mar 2017 10:56 - 06 Mar 2017 10:58 #15429 by kazky
interested in why you want it to look like the old IFX Yian? And which parts of it you want

06 Mar 2017 16:51 #15431 by Banj
:huh: You want this site to be redesigned to look like an eleven year old site that people continually complained about? :S :side:

There are still no plans at the moment to update the site in any major way. There was an update intended for the forum, but that is on hold after some technical problems (I did actually revisit that last week, so it isn't abandoned).

Few people are actually making use of the site since the last time it was updated, so there is really little to encourage the amount of work required to change anything right now.

06 Mar 2017 20:07 #15433 by Yian
Well, if it is too much work then don't worry about it. :(

08 Mar 2017 11:40 #15449 by Banj
Is there something specific you would like changed? Perhaps I could look at addressing that instead of completely rebuilding the whole thing.