April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CG Art Nexus 2

16 Jun 2015 09:51 - 16 Jun 2015 09:57 #11260 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic CG Art Nexus 2
I also tried my "smart" phone just now and both login button and remember me (which doesn't appear as a button) checks or unchecks the remember me checkbox (which on my phone is placed next to the login button not next to remember me). When I just clicked "next" on my phone (Tab or Enter on a keyboard I suppose) while the marker was in the passwords box, it did login. So basically you can login, just not with the button you'd expect? :P

EDIT: The layout on the phone looks a bit wonky... The profile links (messages, icons) are outside (below) the box with the avatar... And all the forum names are rather bigger (font size) than they need to be on a phone screen in my opinion... Not sure how different it's possible to make the mobile version though....

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Jun 2015 09:55 #11261 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CG Art Nexus 2
OK, well that is an option then. The downside is you have to be able to log in in order to set that up :pinch:

I don't know why it isn't working as it should on your phone though, but then you said it was a problem before as well.

16 Jun 2015 10:02 #11263 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic CG Art Nexus 2
was that in response to kazky? ('cause I don't remember having problems before... then again my memory is short)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Jun 2015 10:10 #11264 by Banj
Yes, I replied to Kazky, your message must have slipped in while I wasn't looking.

I see what the problem is and will attempt to fix it. The remember me check box is actually overlapping the login button so you can't tap it because you are tapping the check box instead. :thumbup:

16 Jun 2015 10:24 #11266 by Banj

I'll look at the styling issue with the user panel layout displaying badly on phones as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlotte

16 Jun 2015 10:53 #11270 by Banj
The user panel showing message notification and quick link icons should now display properly on most mobile displays. On very small mobile screen sizes (below about 300 pixels wide) it will still appear incorrectly). Most smart phones should be OK now though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CherryGraphics

16 Jun 2015 11:34 #11271 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic CG Art Nexus 2
I also like the countdown for the challenges there - but I think the results, the winners are a bit too small against the highlighted big font for the challenges. (Sorry banj, I really don't want to annoy you :ohmy: ) Maybe there's an option to get the pictures bigger? Or something like the slideshow we had next to the countdown?

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance

16 Jun 2015 12:07 #11273 by Banj
I'm far from annoyed, this thread is here for feedback :)

If you mean the row of thumbnails on the home page, I could increase the size but I do think it's already fine as it is. There are several places that the full size images can be seen already, in the gallery (which you can see by clicking the thumbnails), and on the forum.

I scrapped the slider because it always displayed incorrectly as all the images are of different sizes and aspect ratios, and while there are ways around that it's a lot more hassle to deal with than the current display.

16 Jun 2015 12:36 #11276 by Digital Dave
Replied by Digital Dave on topic CG Art Nexus 2
Probably a bit late if someone already mentioned this, but the other day when I was posting, I clicked on the Enlarge option for the message, and the entire surface area enlarged, not just the message box itself. When it did so, the Enlarge/Shrink options, as well as everything else were partially off screen/hidden and I could not re-click on it. (Sorry, but I didn't take a screenshot, but hope I explained that well enough?) ... I will give it a try later to see if I can reproduce this effect, and if so will take a screenshot of it if needed.

i also wasn't sure if it was browser related, though I'm still using FireFox both at home & work? But will definitely check into it some more when I can.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

16 Jun 2015 12:46 #11278 by Banj
Yeah, I see what you mean Dave. Not much I can do about it really, the solution is to not drag it off the screen :P