April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

CG Art Nexus 2

18 May 2015 13:39 #11171 by webmaster
CG Art Nexus 2 was created by webmaster
Unfortuantely the rush to put the site together meant that...

cgartnexus logo ringWhen CG Art Nexus was opened it's virtual doors on the 4th of July 2014, it did so in a bit of a hurry. The site was built in reaction to the closure of ImagineFX Magazine's forum by Future Publishing. As notice of the closure was given only a few weeks before hand it didn't leave a great deal of time for us to not only discuss the possiblility of creating a new home for the great people that inhabited the forum, but also to build something worth going to and to do so in time to let people know it was there.

Read more...

This is my signature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

14 Jun 2015 12:22 #11172 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic CG Art Nexus 2
Any comments and questions, let us know below.

15 Jun 2015 19:23 #11231 by Domtopia
Replied by Domtopia on topic CG Art Nexus 2
Loving the new site Banj!!

It is all sparkly and new!!

Everything's on the right!!!

It's like driving abroad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Banj

15 Jun 2015 19:31 #11234 by Banj
Thanks Dom.

There are some small problems here and there, but overall it's a vast improvement I think. There may be some other updates to things here and there (the activity stream currently doesn't work for example).

15 Jun 2015 19:45 #11235 by Domtopia
Seems to be working fine.

Only one thing that may be a pain. I logged on and started replying to "latest posts" as normal. I usually go to all the posts that have the ! mark next to them. But that mark disappeared from all the posts after I had only looked at one or two.

Is that always going to happen?

15 Jun 2015 19:50 #11236 by Banj
It shouldn't happen, but I had an error page just now when I went to post that reply just now, so it could be related to that.

15 Jun 2015 19:51 #11237 by Domtopia
Also, what is the bar at the top showing?

I see a couple of familiar artists up there, but they haven't been on here for ages!

15 Jun 2015 19:55 - 15 Jun 2015 19:57 #11238 by Banj
The top row is there to highlight stand-out work or posts of interest on the forum. The thumbnails link to the post/thread that they come from so people can go check them out. New stuff will occasionally be added to it.

If anyone notices something on the forum that is worth taking a look at then let us know and we'll consider sticking it in the top row.

EDIT - One or two of those people experienced log in problems, which is why they haven't been around for a while.

15 Jun 2015 21:13 #11243 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic CG Art Nexus 2
My exclamation marks also disappear... Or in some cases maybe never show? As if I'm only getting posts that are a certain "age" marked as new. (Less than a certain age, I guess...)

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

16 Jun 2015 05:48 - 16 Jun 2015 05:50 #11246 by CherryGraphics
Replied by CherryGraphics on topic CG Art Nexus 2
After some irritating moments searching the usual order I like the new site a lot!

Just some thoughts:

On phone it looks currently a bit odd. you have to scroll and scroll and scroll until you find the latest forum posts and there's always the cookie note and the google/twitter/fb box on the left. It's a bit to much for a phone screen I think. So I wanted to show you what I mean with a screen but I couldn't log in with phone o.O

If I had a world of my own,everything would be nonsense.Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.

Facebook / Behance
Attachments: