March challenge - Enter here!

Deadline for entry:

February challenge WINNER ANNOUNCED!

Cannot sign in on my computer

02 Aug 2014 05:10 - 02 Aug 2014 05:13 #4688 by octoberstormxx
Hey guys.

I cannot seem to sign in on any of my computers. I can only get on the site through my iPad even with the right password. Not sure why this is happening. Also an error message pops up about enabling cookies. Not sure if that is connected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

02 Aug 2014 10:26 #4695 by ClaudeCrow
That'll likely be the problem. I believe if you read it (if it's the one I think it is) it should say something like "This site uses cookies, is this ok?" It's the same message you get with loads of sites now when you first enter them, since they made websites tell you if they use cookies recentlyish. If you don't click yes then the site can't do certain / majority of / all things.

If you've been saying no to the Are you ok with us using cookies message then that'll the reason (or one of the reasons anyway... :) )

02 Aug 2014 10:35 #4696 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Cannot sign in on my computer
I had a glitch a while ago when trying to log in on my phone, I entered the password, it asked for the cookie agreement & when I pressed yes it went back to sign in & just repeated the process.

It happened a couple of times but not since, I don't think it was anything to do with the website though.

02 Aug 2014 14:03 #4704 by Digital Dave
If you happened to have clicked 'no' to the cookie question, try clearing your cache. The next time you log in, you should receive the message again. Just make sure to click 'yes' that may take care of the issue?

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

02 Aug 2014 22:41 #4720 by octoberstormxx
Hm, well whatever it was the problem disappeared. I can now sign in on my computers and I did not even change anything yet, haha.

02 Aug 2014 23:22 - 02 Aug 2014 23:22 #4727 by Digital Dave
So it does work better when sober? :P :wink: ... Good to hear it sorted itself though.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

11 Oct 2014 20:49 - 11 Oct 2014 20:50 #6596 by octoberstormxx
Hey guys, this is still an ongoing issue for me. I can't log in sometimes for days or weeks at a time from certain computers. My Windows computer seems to have the most trouble at the moment. When I log in it just goes back to the home screen without logging in.

11 Oct 2014 21:05 #6601 by Charlotte

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

11 Oct 2014 22:15 #6609 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Cannot sign in on my computer
Baaaaannnjjj

12 Oct 2014 00:45 #6614 by octoberstormxx
Sorry to be a pain! But the only way I can access the forums right now is from my iPad. Which isn't horrible and I can live with. So if it can't be solved it's okay. I just am on my laptop a lot more than my iPad.