April challenge - Banana for scale!

Deadline for entry:

March challenge Winner announced!

Image pop-up not working

28 Jul 2014 17:27 #4427 by Digital Dave
Well, it may indeed be something here at my work and with Firefox then? I just checked and they are still working with IE, but nothing with Firefox. But we are also apparently having some issues with internet connections itself here. Page loading is taking quite a bit of time, much like it was back with dial-up! (so not sure what's going on with it?) But will have to check into some more. I know it was working when I left this morning, and I didn't shut down when I left. So settings should be the same.

I get sketchy around pencils! ...=D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

28 Jul 2014 17:57 #4431 by Banj
Replied by Banj on topic Image pop-up not working
Looks most likely to be something your end. I'm not seeing any problems with it here, and nothing on the site has been changed.

You sure you haven't become Analogue Dave? :)

28 Jul 2014 18:21 #4434 by Digital Dave
Sounds like I could be. :) But thanks for looking.

Just not sure what could have changed though? I've been poking around in preferences, and don't see what could be the cause. But again, they are going crazy around here with internet/system tinkering. From blocking sites, blocking use of thumb drives, etc. Hell, I can't even update anything, even something simple like Adobe. You have to have admin rights to do anything. ...Bunch of Doorknobs are running it. :)

28 Jul 2014 18:36 #4438 by Banj
Wasn't it also Firefox you had trouble with getting the Cooliris thing to work? Sounds like there is something funky going on in Firefox itself.

28 Jul 2014 18:38 #4439 by kazky
Replied by kazky on topic Image pop-up not working
Same as my work Dave, the internet is locked down so tight I can't even run updates

28 Jul 2014 18:54 #4442 by Digital Dave
Yeah, it may have been, Banj. ... Funny thing is, I just told Firefox to restart with all add-ons disabled and it's working fine. So seems to be something in the system itself. Not sure if it's something FireFox pushed through, but in regular mode it's not working at all. Will have to re-check some stuff.

Yeah Kaz, same here. The IT idiots running things here now have it locked down like we have vital information that we can't allow to get out to anyone. And it's almost like their making a point that they have full control. - But all the people I know that work in that department says it's really mucking up things for them too. They now get called in for anything that users used to be able to do on their own. You can't capture a printer, update any programs, or make any system changes, without putting in a ticket and having one of the 'Masters' come perform this magic for you! =D

28 Jul 2014 19:20 #4446 by Banj

Yeah, it may have been, Banj. ... Funny thing is, I just told Firefox to restart with all add-ons disabled and it's working fine. So seems to be something in the system itself. Not sure if it's something FireFox pushed through, but in regular mode it's not working at all. Will have to re-check some stuff.

That's easy enough to track down them, just disable all plugins and addons, then re-enable them one by one to see which is causing the problem.

28 Jul 2014 19:24 #4447 by Charlotte
Replied by Charlotte on topic Image pop-up not working
Well just to upset things the Cooliris doesn't/didn't work for me either and I'm not using firefox...

Any an all misspellings are henceforth blamed on the cats.

28 Jul 2014 19:31 - 28 Jul 2014 19:32 #4448 by Digital Dave

Well just to upset things the Cooliris doesn't/didn't work for me either and I'm not using firefox...

Trouble-maker! :P ... but it's still not working for me here at work either. :)